No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The White Sox placed OF Eloy Jiménez on the 10-day IL, retroactive to April 4, with a low-grade left hamstring strain and recalled 3B Jake Burger from Triple-A.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      The White Sox placed OF Eloy Jiménez on the 10-day IL, retroactive to April 4, with a low-grade left hamstring strain and recalled 3B Jake Burger from Triple-A.

Man, this guy just cannot stay healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

9/1/22 Leg
        8/23/22 Elbow
        8/19/22 Undisclosed
        7/13/22 Leg
        4/23/22 Hamstring
        4/13/22 Ankle
        9/7/21 Knee
        7/28/21 Groin
        3/29/21 Pectoral
        10/1/20 Foot
        9/24/20 Foot
        7/26/20 Light-headedness
        8/22/19 Hip
        7/16/19 Elbow
        4/26/19 Ankle

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          9/1/22 Leg
          8/23/22 Elbow
          8/19/22 Undisclosed
          7/13/22 Leg
          4/23/22 Hamstring
          4/13/22 Ankle
          9/7/21 Knee
          7/28/21 Groin
          3/29/21 Pectoral
          10/1/20 Foot
          9/24/20 Foot
          7/26/20 Light-headedness
          8/22/19 Hip
          7/16/19 Elbow
          4/26/19 Ankle
          Ohhh I've sung that song before too

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Ohhh I've sung that song before too
            This was the year!

I got out bid because I spent Ohtani money. Eloy went for $34 this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

This was the year!

I got out bid because I spent Ohtani money. Eloy went for $34 this year.
              Head, shoulders knees and toes knees and toes.

I guess hamstring is closest to toes.

Comment

• White Sox place SS Tim Anderson on the 10-day IL with a left knee sprain.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It is time to start calling him Eloy "Operation" Jiménez?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Liam Hendriks, today will begin his minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte.

Yoan Moncada will also begin his rehab assignment.

Last edited by madducks; 05-05-2023, 03:14 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Eloy Jimenez has been hospitalized because of abdominal pain that started Friday night.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Eloy Jimenez has been hospitalized because of abdominal pain that started Friday night.

Eloy Jiménez underwent an appendectomy on Saturday evening and is expected to be released from the hospital later tonight.

The White Sox said it would be a recovery of 4-6 weeks for Jimenez.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Eloy Jiménez underwent an appendectomy on Saturday evening and is expected to be released from the hospital later tonight.

The White Sox said it would be a recovery of 4-6 weeks for Jimenez.

At least he only has the one.

Comment

• What's up with Dylan Cease? In my AL only league I've been offered Cease ($15C24) for Jordan Westburg ($5M). I'm desperate for starting pitching (thanks Luis Garcia and Tyler Mahle) but I'm about 40 points out of first. If Cease can Cease of last year or the year before then I think it's a fair trade but otherwise, I don't think I should do it. What do you guys think about Cease for the rest of the year?
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              What's up with Dylan Cease? In my AL only league I've been offered Cease ($15C24) for Jordan Westburg ($5M). I'm desperate for starting pitching (thanks Luis Garcia and Tyler Mahle) but I'm about 40 points out of first. If Cease can Cease of last year or the year before then I think it's a fair trade but otherwise, I don't think I should do it. What do you guys think about Cease for the rest of the year?
                              He's been confounding. His BABIP is up, his Hard Hit% and EV% are up, his HR/9 rate is up, and his K% and vFA speed are down. But otherwise, his BB% is the same, and his LOB% is down by a lot, so I think he corrects what's going on and should be fine ROS. But I don't think we see the guy he was last year. Maybe 3.50 ERA and 1.20-1.25 WHIP ROS.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

He's been confounding. His BABIP is up, his Hard Hit% and EV% are up, his HR/9 rate is up, and his K% and vFA speed are down. But otherwise, his BB% is the same, and his LOB% is down by a lot, so I think he corrects what's going on and should be fine ROS. But I don't think we see the guy he was last year. Maybe 3.50 ERA and 1.20-1.25 WHIP ROS.
                                Thanks. Not very encouraging.
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X