2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
    Is the traffic in Cleveland really so bad that it needs guardians?
    I was in Cleveland last week. There weren't even cars stopped at the light, let alone any traffic!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      I was in Cleveland last week. There weren't even cars stopped at the light, let alone any traffic!
      Maybe the presence of the guardians ensures good traffic flow .

Like I said, maybe the fact that I dont live there is why I dont really understand, but this "guardians of transportation" thing seems weird to me. Were these figures designated as guardians initially from the time they were put there? Why did they decide they needed guardians for traffic? Who are these figures? I know that among Catholics, there is a patron saint of travel named St. Christopher. Is one of these figures St. Christopher? Who are the others and where did they come from? Why do Clevelanders consider them iconic? Is there some legend where they actually helped motorists in trouble?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
        Maybe the presence of the guardians ensures good traffic flow .

Like I said, maybe the fact that I dont live there is why I dont really understand, but this "guardians of transportation" thing seems weird to me. Were these figures designated as guardians initially from the time they were put there? Why did they decide they needed guardians for traffic? Who are these figures? I know that among Catholics, there is a patron saint of travel named St. Christopher. Is one of these figures St. Christopher? Who are the others and where did they come from? Why do Clevelanders consider them iconic? Is there some legend where they actually helped motorists in trouble?
        Buddha is also known for watching over traffic.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Buddha is also known to watch over traffic.
          LOL. This reminds me of the flashing eyes of the Luxor sphinx in Las Vegas.

Comment

• LOL...the people doing research into the new team name were so careful that they missed the team name "Guardians" is already owned by a roller derby team. And failed to secure the name before the announcement.

Oops. That'll cost 'em some money.

I am Groot.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

If you're looking for a player who scores a lot of runs, plays virtually everyday and likely could be had dirt cheap, look no further than Cesar Hernandez, who is on pace to play 160 games, score 108 runs and hit 25 HRs.
              Hail Cesar! Another HR today, #18, a career high. On pace for 30. His previous career high was 15, in 2018 with Philly.

Comment

Hail Cesar! Another HR today, #18, a career high. On pace for 30. His previous career high was 15, in 2018 with Philly.
                Headed to the White Sox?

Comment

• Heard yes to the White Sox for Konnor Pilkington

Comment

• Terry Francona to step away from the Indians/Guardians for the remainder of the season. DeMarlo Hale will take over as skipper.

Comment

• Eddie Rosario to the Braves for.....Pablo Sandoval??

Comment

Eddie Rosario to the Braves for.....Pablo Sandoval??
                        Gotta be a salary dump, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Gotta be a salary dump, right?
                          It's certainly not for Panda's potential, LOL.

Comment

It's certainly not for Panda's potential, LOL.
                            Yeah, i just thought there might be more behind the curtain. Even though Rosario hasn't been very good this year.

Comment

Eddie Rosario to the Braves for.....Pablo Sandoval??
                              What's the Braves homer celebration now?

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                Yeah, i just thought there might be more behind the curtain. Even though Rosario hasn't been very good this year.
                                They released Panda before he could even get fitted for his XXXL jersey.

Comment

Working...
                                X