Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
    Danny Salazar optioned to AAA today

I have the second pick in our AL only 5x5 reserve draft tomorrow, I guess that I have to consider him with that pick (no matter how frustrating he can be). He went $24 last year and was considered one of the "better" pitchers that we're going to be in our auction (it's a thin crop this year with Gray and Samardzija being the best available)
    Who do you think will go #1?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Who do you think will go #1?
      My guess was Yoan Moncada, with most of the other top minor league players already rostered

Comment

So what do we make of Trevor Bauer's 26:1 K:BB ratio in the spring? K's and K/BB are the 2 spring training stats that might be predictive.

Comment

He's always had talent, he's on the new pitch list stickied here, and he's at the age when some pitchers figure out their control issues, so I would not be surprised if the improvement is real.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            So what do we make of Trevor Bauer's 26:1 K:BB ratio in the spring? K's and K/BB are the 2 spring training stats that might be predictive.
            I take it as he was tossing the ball over the plate, hence, the 7 HR's allowed allowed in ST.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              Did you read last week's SI? Bauer's become a disciple of Ron Wolforth and his "Elite Pitcher's Bootcamp," whereas before he was thought to be uncoachable (one of the reasons why he was traded).

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Did you read last week's SI? Bauer's become a disciple of Ron Wolforth and his "Elite Pitcher's Bootcamp," whereas before he was thought to be uncoachable (one of the reasons why he was traded).
                Like, in the magazine? They still make those?

Comment

He was working with Wolforth (Texas Baseball Ranch) and Kyle Boddy (Driveline Baseball) even while he was with Arizona. That's not new.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Yan Gomes to the 15-day DL with a knee sprain.

Comment

Ouch, Gomes out 6-to-8 weeks.

Comment

Ouch, Gomes out 6-to-8 weeks.
                        Never, ever, ever trust catchers.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Never, ever, ever trust catchers.
                          Or closers.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Carlos Carrasco left the game after getting hit in the face by a batted ball.

Comment

Carlos Carrasco left the game after getting hit in the face by a batted ball.
                              The ball apparently glanced off his glove before hitting him in the face. Reports are that he just has some bruising and swelling but nothing broken.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Any guesses on when Lindor gets the call? Jose Ramirez is playing okay. Does that factor in? Do they hold off until June?

Comment

Working...
                                X