No announcement yet.

2K24: Cleveland Guardians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When are they choosing a new nickname?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      So I can pay off the official scorer with Scotch, got it.
      It would certainly work with me.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        When are they choosing a new nickname?
        No idea, though I'm surprised they haven't already. New team name = all new gear = $$$$ flowing into the franchise. And I'd think they'd want to do it before trading Jose Ramirez, which I'm sure will further depress already pretty depressed fans.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Yeah, I did not understand this ruling at all. Cleveland had a 5 run lead after the 4th, Parker gave up a run in the 5th, so I can see not giving it to him...tough but understandable. Maton pitched the 6th and gave up a couple of hit, but also struck out the side with no damage. Witgren pitched the 7th with a walk, and then Karinchak pitched the 8th, still with a 5 run lead and gets the win???

Maton should have gotten the win if they weren't going to give it to Parker...makes no sense at all.
          After the game was over, I looked at the box score to project who they would give the win to. 5 relievers pitched exactly 1 inn. each and none of them gave up a run except Parker. Clase pitched last so he would get the save, not the win. Since Karinchak had the most dominant stats, w a perfect inn. w 3 Ks, I thought he might get the win. So, it made sense given the rules are what they are. But the rule itself is what doesnt make sense. They should either:

1) do away w the rule where the starter must go 5 IP to be eligible for the win and just award the win to whoever was on the mound when the winning team took the lead to stay, even if he got only 1 out, or
          2) let the official scorer award the win to the guy who pitched most effectively regardless of whether the starter went 5 IP or not.

IMHO, this is yet another issue that the MLB front office has dropped the ball on. This rule should have been changed a long time ago.

In this game, it was Quantrill who deserved the win.
          Last edited by rhd; 06-18-2021, 02:59 PM.

Comment

• If you're looking for a player who scores a lot of runs, plays virtually everyday and likely could be had dirt cheap, look no further than Cesar Hernandez, who is on pace to play 160 games, score 108 runs and hit 25 HRs.

Comment

• With the way Bobby Bradley is killing the ball, it's amazing the Indians stuck with the dreadful Jake Bauers and the Yu Chang Clan for so long.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                With the way Bobby Bradley is killing the ball, it's amazing the Indians stuck with the dreadful Jake Bauers and the Yu Chang Clan for so long.
                Bradley was hitting .196 with a .266 OBP in AAA...

Comment

With the way Bobby Bradley is killing the ball, it's amazing the Indians stuck with the dreadful Jake Bauers and the Yu Chang Clan for so long.
                  Well, in their defense, the latter ain't nothin' to fuck wit.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    But, he hit .196 with authority.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe he's now getting fed major league vitamins.....

Comment

Maybe he's now getting fed major league vitamins.....

more likely the .421 BABIP is a mirage

Comment

more likely the .421 BABIP is a mirage
                          Perhaps, but mirage or no, those 4 HRs are already one more than the previous dreck. Possible he drops off and soon, but I'm sure CLE will take it.

Comment

Perhaps, but mirage or no, those 4 HRs are already one more than the previous dreck. Possible he drops off and soon, but I'm sure CLE will take it.
                            Sure, they'll give him every opportunity, but the question was why they stuck with Bauer for so long, and the answer to that is that Bradley wasn't knocking the door down

The real key is the K rate. If he can keep it ~25% or under he's a guy to watch, if he creeps back up into the 30s he's going to look a lot like Adam Duvall IMO.

Comment

• Aaron Civale out 4-5 weeks with a sprained finger. Cleveland's once great staff has been decimated.

Comment

• Welcome your Cleveland Guardians!

That will take some getting used to.....

Comment

Working...
                                X