No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your MLB leader in both wins and ERA is... Tony Gonsolin!! He improved to 9-0 yesterday w a 5.0 inning start w 2 ER. His ERA is 1.58, one point better than Joe Musgrove. This didnt completely come out of nowhere either, as he had a 2.85 ERA coming into this year, mainly as a starter. It's just been so hard for him to crack the Dodgers' rotation up to now. The most # of starts he's had before this year was 13, which he has already equaled this year. Has only an average FB at 93.3 mph and an avg K/9 at 8.43. Congrats to you if you nabbed him this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Andrew Heaney has had two impressive rehab starts and will likely return to the Dodgers starting rotation this week.
      Andrew Heaney goes back to the IL with shoulder inflammation again after one more impressive start with the Dodgers. He's quickly becoming the "Byron Buxton of pitchers."
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Daniel Hudson has a torn ACL. See you in 2023.
        Last edited by madducks; 06-25-2022, 04:28 PM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tony Gonsolin with another gem last nite: 7.7 IP, 1 R, 4 H, 8 K, 0 BB and a W. He still is the MLB leader in both ERA (1.54) and wins (10 - tied w Verlander).

Comment

• Gonsolin such a strange outcome. Is he really THIS good?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              Gonsolin such a strange outcome. Is he really THIS good?
              There will probably be a correction. ERA 1.54 FIP 3.30. Also not sure how many innings he will end up with. 2021 IP 68.i 2020 IP 46.2 2019 IP 81.1.

Comment

• Even though the Dodgers don't have a true first round pick, I didn't want the Dodgers fans to feel left out.

With the second-best record last year, the Dodgers would have normally had the 29th pick in the first round. That got pushed back one slot because the Mets have a compensatory pick at No. 11 for failing to sign last year’s No. 10 pick, Kumar Rocker. But instead of picking 30th in 2022, the Dodgers saw their first selection drop by 10 spots because they were in the highest tier of competitive balance tax last year. So their first pick is No. 40.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Watching the dodger game...James Outman homered in his first mlb AB. His family were going crazy in the stands. It was awesome
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Watching the dodger game...James Outman homered in his first mlb AB. His family were going crazy in the stands. It was awesome

― Albert Einstein

Comment

After almost 2 games he is hitting .833 with a 2.542 OPS. Not a bad start
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

After almost 2 games he is hitting .833 with a 2.542 OPS. Not a bad start
                        The last dodger to reach base 7 times in his first two games...Casey Stengel
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

The last dodger to reach base 7 times in his first two games...Casey Stengel
                          Outman trending towards a great managerial career.

Comment

• Walker Buehler will undergo season-ending right elbow surgery on August 23. The Dodgers didn't specify which kind of procedure he'll have. So, his recovery time is unknown for now.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Walker Buehler will undergo season-ending right elbow surgery on August 23. The Dodgers didn't specify which kind of procedure he'll have. So, his recovery time is unknown for now.
                              TJ surgery. See ya in '24.

Comment

• Tony Gonsolin w win #16 tonite, to tie Verlander for the MLB lead.

Do you realize that he's lost only 1 G this year? He's 16-1 and has a chance to have the best winning percentage in modern MLB history in a season, depending on what requirements you use to determine qualification. If you use 15 decisions as the minimum threshold for qualification then the record currently is .947, held by Elroy Face of the Pirates, who was 18-1 as a reliever in 1959. If you use at least 1 IP per team game as the qualifier, then the record is .938 by Johnny Allen of Cleveland who was 15-1 in 1937. Allen had 173.0 IP that year (as well as over 15 decisions). Face had only 93.3 IP in 1959. However, Baseball Almanac lists the current record holder as Max Fried who had a perfect record in the COVID year of 2020, at 7-0. I'm not sure what Baseball Almanac is using as their standards for qualification, as Fried had only 56.0 IP that year and his team played 60 games. Baseball Reference says that there is no strict standard for leader in winning percentage and says that some sites use 12 decisions as the threshold (see below).

Also, I've never been able to verify it conclusively but AFAIK the most number of wins in a season w/o a loss in modern MLB history was by Tom Zachary (you know, the guy that Ruth hit #60 off of in 1927), who was 12-0 as Ruth's teammate on the Yankees in 1929. This, evidently, would constitute the best modern MLB season winning percentage according to some sites.
                                Last edited by rhd; 08-24-2022, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X