No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new guy (Joe Davis) is pretty dang good but he'll definitely be unfairly compared to Vin - he's the last of a dying breed and it'll be weeeeeird to listen too games without him.

Comment

• my son and i were roughing out the numbers. vin scully must have announced more than 10,000 baseball games. it's simply incredible...

ETA: yesterday he was talking about joe dimaggio's stance. from memory from watching him play. zoiks...
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
        my son and i were roughing out the numbers. vin scully must have announced more than 10,000 baseball games. it's simply incredible...

ETA: yesterday he was talking about joe dimaggio's stance. from memory from watching him play. zoiks...
        If you count spring training games, that's another 1,600 or so that would put him over 12,000 total. Plus, there's probably more than 150 post-season games. Mind boggling.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Turner sucks.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Turner sucks.
            He's the Geddy Lee of third basemen.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              He's the Geddy Lee of third basemen.
              He'd be hitting over .750 it that were true!!
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Is Ryu Japanese for "always hurt"?

Comment

He'd be hitting over .750 it that were true!!
                  He'd be hitting .1000!

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Man, just shut up.
                    Why? I know it's tough when the team you are emotionally involved in can't get it together.

That's why I don't root for any sports teams anymore. Just my fantasy guys. Makes life easier.

Comment

Why? I know it's tough when the team you are emotionally involved in can't get it together.

That's why I don't root for any sports teams anymore. Just my fantasy guys. Makes life easier.
                      Really, that makes it easier for you? I guess you don't own and start guys like Rodon when they decide their job is batting practice pitcher. Actually, I know that you do have such guys, and it frustrates the hell out of you, based on many of your posts .

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Really, that makes it easier for you? I guess you don't own and start guys like Rodon when they decide their job is batting practice pitcher. Actually, I know that you do have such guys, and it frustrates the hell out of you, based on many of your posts .
                        By making life easier I mean I ONLY get bent at my fantasy players and not my fantasy players AND a real life team.

Actually i don't get nearly as pissed in real life as you guys seem to think I do. I've won more than my fair share of league titles so it really doesn't make sense for me to get too bent when my players have a mediocre season.

But that's my rep here!!

Comment

By making life easier I mean I ONLY get bent at my fantasy players and not my fantasy players AND a real life team.

Actually i don't get nearly as pissed in real life as you guys seem to think I do. I've won more than my fair share of league titles so it really doesn't make sense for me to get too bent when my players have a mediocre season.

But that's my rep here!!
                          Well, you are a better man than me--I've won a few titles too, but I still hold grudges against players years later when they have cost me titles in my long time h2h points league. In that set up, I can pinpoint individual performances that literally costs me a title and several hundred dollars, so I still hold ill will toward them . I still have a special place in my fantasy hell for Bud Smith, whose improbable no hitter, cost me a title back in 2001 .

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                            Well, you are a better man than me--I've won a few titles too, but I still hold grudges against players years later when they have cost me titles in my long time h2h points league. In that set up, I can pinpoint individual performances that literally costs me a title and several hundred dollars, so I still hold ill will toward them . I still have a special place in my fantasy hell for Bud Smith, whose improbable no hitter, cost me a title back in 2001 .
                            I think we all harbor feelings like that towards certain players!!! We have big time memories of important stuff like that!!

Comment

I'll tell you why.

- You bring nothing to the table. Your range falls somewhere between whining about your team (no one cares) and blindly disparaging players (presumably, again, ones affiliated with your team). There is no value to anything you post.

- Your comment about Ryu was fucking stupid. Ryu, first of all, is of Korean descent, not Japanese. Your idiotic statement was akin to a "they all look the same to me" thing to say. Second of all, yeah he's injured. Everyone knows it. He is still dealing with the (singular) injury that he has had since last year. His timetable remains the same. You, again, are providing absolutely no value. Shit, you're probably somehow sucking value out of the thread if that's possible.

- Your comment about Turner was also fucking stupid, but in a different way. You're a Yahoo owner. You overreact based on small sample sizes and do absolutely nothing to back up your nonsense when called out on it. It's like you're Debbie Downer with a goddamn head injury, apparently incapable of substance beyond vacuous complaint. It's annoying in the Sports Bar but at least that is probably the appropriate place for it.

Hope that clears up the "why" for you.
                              I don't know the history but...
                              Wow, why are you such a prick?
                              Mith was making general light-hearted statements from a fantasy perspective and you make person attacks against him.

Comment

I'll tell you why.

- You bring nothing to the table. Your range falls somewhere between whining about your team (no one cares) and blindly disparaging players (presumably, again, ones affiliated with your team). There is no value to anything you post.

- Your comment about Ryu was stupid. Ryu, first of all, is of Korean descent, not Japanese. Your idiotic statement was akin to a "they all look the same to me" thing to say. Second of all, yeah he's injured. Everyone knows it. He is still dealing with the (singular) injury that he has had since last year. His timetable remains the same. You, again, are providing absolutely no value. Shoot, you're probably somehow sucking value out of the thread if that's possible.

- Your comment about Turner was also stupid, but in a different way. You're a Yahoo owner. You overreact based on small sample sizes and do absolutely nothing to back up your nonsense when called out on it. It's like you're Debbie Downer with a goddamn head injury, apparently incapable of substance beyond vacuous complaint. It's annoying in the Sports Bar but at least that is probably the appropriate place for it.

Hope that clears up the "why" for you.
                                Lighten up, Francis!

Comment

Working...
                                X