No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just saw that the Dodgers are now 1-10 in extra inning games.

Comment

• With a 1-0 lead in the 9th, let's see how Kenley does tonite. I hope well, since I have him...

Edit: Scoreless inning for the save w a K and a BB. So his job is safe for now. Dodgers needed this one. They have a chance again to pick up a game on the Giants, who are losing.
      Last edited by rhd; 07-24-2021, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• How certain is everyone that Kershaw will be fine long term? I am thinking of making one last big move, trading a keeper Bellinger for a package that includes a faiirly pricey Kershaw I'd have to keep next year. I like the deal if Kershaw comes back strong and is good to go next year. It would be a disaster if the forearm turns into something like TJ, as I'd have to eat a big salary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          How certain is everyone that Kershaw will be fine long term? I am thinking of making one last big move, trading a keeper Bellinger for a package that includes a faiirly pricey Kershaw I'd have to keep next year. I like the deal if Kershaw comes back strong and is good to go next year. It would be a disaster if the forearm turns into something like TJ, as I'd have to eat a big salary.
          I'm thinking 20-30% chance of disaster. I have him in a keeper league, but don't have to keep him for next year, and have resisted trading him. If I were tied to a possibly costly anchor next year, I admit I'd have probably made the deal.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• reading between the lines I suspect this was a move to manage his IP ... but I'm an owner so I definitely am looking for the best case scenario ...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• LA gives: Josiah Gray, Keibert Ruiz, Gerardo Carillo, Donovan Casey, and a PTBNL
              LA DFAs: DJ Peters
              LA gets: Max Scherzer, Trea Turner, Danny Duffy

I have a sneaking suspicion that Gray will make this trade look a lot better for WAS very soon. And Keibert has been crushing it in AAA all year. But for now, nice haul for the Dodgers.
              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                How certain is everyone that Kershaw will be fine long term? I am thinking of making one last big move, trading a keeper Bellinger for a package that includes a faiirly pricey Kershaw I'd have to keep next year. I like the deal if Kershaw comes back strong and is good to go next year. It would be a disaster if the forearm turns into something like TJ, as I'd have to eat a big salary.
                Obviously risky to trade for a pitcher with tons of mileage on his arm and whose said arm is currently keeping him on the IL. Still, he's Kershaw and is pretty much always a plus to have on your team when he plays.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Corey Seager is expected to be activated off the IL on Friday. Does Trea Turner play 2B? Or does Seager?
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    Corey Seager is expected to be activated off the IL on Friday. Does Trea Turner play 2B? Or does Seager?
                    Guessing Turner plays 2B and some CF.

Comment

• The Dodgers really do play 5 dimensional chess...or maybe just 4 D in this case. Someone online speculated that this gives LA a built in backstop with Seager hitting free agency after this year. They don't have to dig deep in their pockets as they'll already have Turner in the fold to play SS, and maybe Lux makes the connection and takes that step forward, and HE becomes the SS in 2024. Crazy deep planning...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• The rich get richer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                          The Dodgers really do play 5 dimensional chess...or maybe just 4 D in this case. Someone online speculated that this gives LA a built in backstop with Seager hitting free agency after this year. They don't have to dig deep in their pockets as they'll already have Turner in the fold to play SS, and maybe Lux makes the connection and takes that step forward, and HE becomes the SS in 2024. Crazy deep planning...
                          It's awesome how well they use their resources and the degree to which they have built their own dynasty. Much of their core is homegrown, to their great credit, imo. Best run franchise in baseball.

Comment

• Dodgers sign Cole Hamels through the remainder of the 2021 season. I remember when the Phillies were demanding Seager, Urias, and Joc Pederson for Hamels way back when. All good things to those who wait! Lol.

Comment

• Kershaw still isn't even throwing at all. Guess his injury wasn't as make believe as I earlier thought....

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                                Kershaw still isn't even throwing at all. Guess his injury wasn't as make believe as I earlier thought....
                                Roberts said he'll reappear "sometime in September." Yikes.

Comment

Working...
                                X