No announcement yet.

2K24: Los Angeles Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dodgers place Julio Urías on the 15-day IL with a left hamstring strain. I guess that explains his last outing. Maybe.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dodgers sign 32 year-old RHP Ken Giles to a minor league contract. He's only pitched 8 MLB innings over the last 3 years.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Alex Reyes underwent a second shoulder surgery and will not pitch for the Dodgers this season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Emmet Sheehan apparently being called up to start tonight, I am super excited to watch the game

Dodgers RHP Emmet Sheehan will make major league debut Friday: report - True Blue LA

Sheehan was dominating with Double-A Tulsa, with a 1.86 ERA and 41.7-percent strikeout rate in 53⅓ innings with the Drillers, throwing in the upper 90s and triple digits. The right-hander, drafted in 2021 by the Dodgers in the sixth round out of Boston College, was named Texas League pitcher of the month for May after giving up only one run all month. Sheehan’s 88 strikeouts are the third-most in all of the minors this season.​

Sheehan was part of a famed Double-A Tulsa rotation that included six pitchers and as a group have the highest average fastball velocity of any rotation in the minors or majors, as Kyle Glaser noted this week in a profile at Baseball America.​​
          Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 06-16-2023, 01:04 PM.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Emmet Sheehan apparently being called up to start tonight, I am super excited to watch the game

Dodgers RHP Emmet Sheehan will make major league debut Friday: report - True Blue LA

Sheehan was dominating with Double-A Tulsa, with a 1.86 ERA and 41.7-percent strikeout rate in 53⅓ innings with the Drillers, throwing in the upper 90s and triple digits. The right-hander, drafted in 2021 by the Dodgers in the sixth round out of Boston College, was named Texas League pitcher of the month for May after giving up only one run all month. Sheehan’s 88 strikeouts are the third-most in all of the minors this season.​

Sheehan was part of a famed Double-A Tulsa rotation that included six pitchers and as a group have the highest average fastball velocity of any rotation in the minors or majors, as Kyle Glaser noted this week in a profile at Baseball America.​​
            No hitter thru six, but I think he will be pulled. Almost 90 pitches
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Nobody mentioned it here, but 35 year-old Clayton Kershaw got career win number 200 back on April 18 against the Mets.

Most career wins by active pitchers:
              Verlander 246
              Greinke 224
              Scherzer 208
              Kershaw 206
              Wainwright 198

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Nobody mentioned it here, but 35 year-old Clayton Kershaw got career win number 200 back on April 18 against the Mets.

Most career wins by active pitchers:
                Verlander 246
                Greinke 224
                Scherzer 208
                Kershaw 206
                Wainwright 198
                Not sure Waino is going to make it

Comment

• Sigh, Dustin May needs TJ surgery again…..terrible

Comment

• Clayton Kershaw was placed on the 15-day IL Monday with left shoulder inflammation. Hopefully, he just misses two starts with the All-Star break coming up.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• What do you all think of Miguel Vargas ROS and beyond? Does he have a shot of getting called back up? Do you believe he will pan out or not?

Comment

• Clayton Kershaw is expected to return from the IL late next week as long as everything goes well with his simulated game (2-3 innings) this weekend.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• After giving up 10 earned runs on Friday, Tony Gonsolin was placed on the 15-day injured list Saturday with right forearm inflammation. Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said it is unlikely that Gonsolin pitches again this season.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Other than Ohtani's combined hitting and pitching WAR, which player has the highest WAR so far this year? Acuna? No. Ohtani as a hitter? Nope. Maybe Julio? Not him. Well this is a Dodgers thread so it must be Freeman, right? Wrong again. It's Mookie Betts! He has 6.4 WAR according to both FG and BR. That projects to about 8.4 for the year. This really surprised me as I thought it had to be Acuna. I had thought that Acuna was running away w the NL MVP but apparently not.

BTW, Ohtani's combined WAR is 9.4 under BR, 8.5 under FG.

Comment

• Julio Urias was arrested on felony DV charges yesterday. He might've thrown his last Dodger pitch as he's a FA at the end of the year

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Julio Urias was arrested on felony DV charges yesterday. He might've thrown his last Dodger pitch as he's a FA at the end of the year
                                This is going to cost him a whole lot of money.

Comment

Working...
                                X