No announcement yet.

2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 losses in a row overall now, as they stage a remarkable comeback from a 9-1 deficit only to fall 1 run short.

Comment

• After ending their overall losing streak yesterday, the DBacks are back to their losing ways, getting shutout by the Brewers tonite. They are now 21-54, which projects to a 45-win season. That is a replacement-level player season. If they had a entire 40-man roster of replacement players that they paid each the minimum MLB salary ($570,600), their payroll would be just under $23 mil. Their actual payroll is just under $95 mil. (adjusted salary, whatever that means). There are 11 MLB teams w lower payrolls than theirs, including 3 teams that would make the playoffs if the season ended today (Rays, A's and Brewers who are tied w the Cubs for 1st).

Comment

• Who can be sold off this team?

- Eduardo Escobar & Kole Calhoun are FAs. See ya.
        - David Peralta is a FA after next season. See ya.
        - Ketel Marte is their best player, and has one cheap year left. See ya.
        - Christian Walker has 3 years until FA, but he's gone into the tank. He can go.
        - Nick Ahmed is 31 but has 2 years until FA. He can go.
        - Ass Dribble, Soria, Vogt, take whatever you can get
        - Merrill Kelly is a FA with team option. See ya.

That's about it. The others have unmovable contracts or would make more sense to keep.

Comment

• One time closer Stefan Crichton was DFA'd today.

Comment

• With their loss last night, the DBacks now own the MLB record last night for consecutive road losses (24) all by themselves. My O's ended their road losing streak last night at 20 so now the DBacks' record is unchallenged.

Comment

• Road losing streak finally over, w a 10-1 win at San Diego tonite.

Comment

• Someone noted that if the White Sox trade Jake Burger to the DBacks that the DBacks will have a team with a Burger and a Beer.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Ketel back on the IL.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Here's what Josh Rojas has done since July 8. This includes only 19 G because he missed 20 days due to injury:

.448/.538/.657, 9 2B, 1 HR, 9 RBI, 12 R, 2/2 SB/CS

Little power, little speed but lotsa hits. Watch out, tho, because his BABIP during this stretch is .592 (!). His career BA is .257.

Comment

• Seth Beer has been diagnosed with a dislocated left shoulder.

Playing in just his fifth career MLB game -- and making his first career start in the field -- Beer suffered the injury while diving for a ball in the bottom of the first inning Tuesday night.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        Here's what Josh Rojas has done since July 8. This includes only 19 G because he missed 20 days due to injury:

.448/.538/.657, 9 2B, 1 HR, 9 RBI, 12 R, 2/2 SB/CS

Little power, little speed but lotsa hits. Watch out, tho, because his BABIP during this stretch is .592 (!). His career BA is .257.
                        Josh ROW-HOSS!

Comment

• Dbacks lose again tonite and now have a 2-game lead for the #1 overall draft pick. At least maybe they'll win something!

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            Dbacks lose again tonite and now have a 2-game lead for the #1 overall draft pick. At least maybe they'll win something!
                            Apparently not. https://www.baseballamerica.com/stor...the-no-1-pick/

Comment

• I know it's very early in the season but the DBacks currently have a team BA of .140 (!!). They have a team OPS of .532. And they play in one of the best hitter's parks in MLB.

Comment

• it's a putrid offense but ARI will figure it out. it's a major league team. every year they present bad offenses but still produce. Marte being the best and still worth his high ranking. and Seth Beer. this is a guy you want on every team. predict those AB's. 'Free Beer'

Comment

Working...
                                X