• 2K24: Arizona Diamondbacks

Baseball Reference page
    mlb depth charts
    cot's contracts - team page
    cot's contracts - 2014 spreadsheet
    mlbtraderumors - team page

prospects - rhd, with team highlighted
    prospects- "Inside the Zona"
    Last edited by Controller Jacobs; 11-25-2013, 02:08 PM.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Per the WAR totals, this team had good hitters (25.5) and bad pitchers (4.7) in 2013. Per MLB Depth charts, the starting pitching is the same except for Ian Kennedy. Looking at cot's they don't have the money to sign someone unless they expand payroll or trade somebody. The starting pitching is very young (average age about 26), so they may just be banking on improvement with age and experience.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

The three veteran closers from 2013 (Putz, Bell, Ziegler) are all listed as FA in 2014. They've said before that they prefer Ziegler in the set-up (because he gets ground balls). They obviously want a young guy to take over, but my bet for opening day would be Putz. Putz may not be able to handle the innings for a setup guy, and if he pitches well (as he did in 2013, but only for 34 innings) he's good to trade.

Comment

Discussions about which players the D-Backs should/could trade (Owings/Gregorius and Pollock/Eaton), presumably for starting pitching

Comment

I guess this is why the Dbacks have been talking about trading a SS for a catching prospect... Stryker Trahan is moving from C to LF.

In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Who has an extra catcher lying around these days? The Rays did, but moved him for Karns.

Comment

McCann just got five years from the Yankees and they could use a middle infielder; maybe they'd trade Gary Sanchez?
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Who has an extra catcher lying around these days? The Rays did, but moved him for Karns.
                Maybe the Padres (Grandal and prospect Hedges)

Comment

So Gibson decides to move crappy Cahill out of the rotation and replace him with...some dude named Bolsinger? Does he know about this Archie Bradley fella? Maybe someone should text him about that. Why are so many managers so stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    So Gibson decides to move crappy Cahill out of the rotation and replace him with...some dude named Bolsinger? Does he know about this Archie Bradley fella? Maybe someone should text him about that. Why are so many managers so stupid?
                    It may not be Gibby's choice as to who to bring up. Management may not want to start Bradley's Super Two clock. Or management may be stupid. Your choice.

I fully understand getting Cahill out of the rotation until he gets his act together. I know nothing about Bolsinger except that he's not even in Arizona's top 30 minor league guys.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                      It may not be Gibby's choice as to who to bring up. Management may not want to start Bradley's Super Two clock. Or management may be stupid. Your choice.

I fully understand getting Cahill out of the rotation until he gets his act together. I know nothing about Bolsinger except that he's not even in Arizona's top 30 minor league guys.
                      I don't know why the Diamondbacks are concerned about Bradley's service clock. Kevin Towers will trade him away long before he's arb eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post

AZ best starter so far, Arroyo, has a 4.82 ERA. Collmenter has replaced Delgado as well in rotation.
                        might be time for open tryouts soon!
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

OK I take back the Gibby slams and direct it at the idiotic front office:

Diamondbacks general manager Kevin Towers said Monday that the team's slow start will not cause them to call up prospect right-hander Archie Bradley.
                          "I would not bring him up in this environment the way we're playing," said Towers. "I know how it would be perceived if he came up: 'Archie is going to save us.' I don't want to do that to a 21-year-old kid.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Arizona is a laughable train wreck of an organization. Everything they do is stupid and without reason.

How's that Justin Upton trade working out for ya, D-Bags?
                            Upton and Prado provided about equal value last year, and Upton was even better in April last year than he has been this year.

Comment

well, come on, pissing in their pool was a douchebag move, regardless of what the organization is like. there's no excuse for that sophomoric behavior, and no place for it in the majors. it's freakin' frat party material (and i was in a frat, hell, i was *president* of a frat, as an undergrad, so i know of what i speak)...

on topic though, it saddens me as a fan, but the organization is indeed a train wreck right now. i see no knight in shining armor, either. at one time their farm system was that knight, but that's been decimated, with bradley the only true top prospect around right now. sigh...
                              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                              X