Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franco finally activated

Comment

• Brendan McKay TJ surgery. This guy’s career has gone down the tubes with all his injuries, terrible.

Comment

• And now Shane Baz TJ surgery. See ya in '24.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          And now Shane Baz TJ surgery. See ya in '24.
          Baz and Meadows are doing their best to make Pirates fans feel better about that trade. But Glasnow is coming back next week to crush our souls.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The club who used to be one of the best at avoiding TJS has had a rash of high profile ones in recent years. Ugh

Comment

• Good to see Glasnow back on the hill. 2 scoreless before giving up an HR, at 37 pitches right now.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• What is the consensus thinking on Glasnow draft stock or $ for 2023? Will we have seen enough in 2 starts and spring training to be comfortable with him being a top 5-10 pitcher again?

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                  What is the consensus thinking on Glasnow draft stock or $ for 2023? Will we have seen enough in 2 starts and spring training to be comfortable with him being a top 5-10 pitcher again?
                  I don't think Glasnow will be a top 10 pitcher next year. Those are usually the pitchers who can throw 170+ innings. I expect Glasnow to have a lot of 5 inning starts in 2023 with skipped starts and possibly an early shutdown. I'm thinking that he will provide a lot of K's, few wins, and decent ratios over 140 innings or so. But, I could see him being a top 10 pitcher with 170 innings in 2024.
                  Last edited by madducks; 09-29-2022, 05:51 AM.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                    I don't think Glasnow will be a top 10 pitcher next year. Those are usually the pitchers who can throw 170+ innings. I expect Glasnow to have a lot of 5 inning starts in 2023 with skipped starts and possibly an early shutdown. I'm thinking that he will provide a lot of K's, few wins, and decent ratios over 140 innings or so. But, I could see him being a top 10 pitcher with 170 innings in 2024.
                    I'm a little more optimistic, but definitely agree not a top-10 pitcher in '23 and likely a top-10 pitcher in '24.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Glasnow today with 5 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 5 K, 63 pitches and a no-decision. I'm expecting a lot of these types of lines from him in 2023.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Rays sign SP Zach Eflin for 3 years/$40 million.

Seems like a lot of money for a mediocre pitcher.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Maybe the Rays spotted something with Eflin that they can fix like they did with Glasnow.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I thought exactly the same thing, but you can never doubt the Rays.

Comment

• Eflin would be an easy fix for me -- throw away the shitty cutter and get confident with the changeup to attack lefties

Comment

• The undefeated Tampa Bay Rays are the first team since 1884 with a run differential of >50 over their 1st 9 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X