2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
    supposedly a 4 player deal with Drew Strotman part of the package. 3.39/1.42 at AAA with 62 k's in 58 innings.
    Rays acquired DH Nelson Cruz and RHP Calvin Faucher from the Twins in exchange for RHP Joe Ryan and RHP Drew Strotman.

Comment

• Decent return for the Twins, too.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Decent return for the Twins, too.
        Seems pretty fair although I know nothing about Faucher...smart move by TB getting him for an extra week rather than waiting closer to the deadline.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Decent return for the Twins, too.
          Yeah, no complaints here. AAA pitchers who have a chance to at least be better than the garbage the Twins are trotting out there this year. Likely to be bullpen guys if they make an a appearance this season, but both are starters right now.

Ryan was #13 on the Rays prospect list...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• So, i guess Margot becomes the 4th OF when he gets off the IL. Or does Kiermaier get bumped?
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Despite hovering around the Mendoza line so far, Wander Franco has been a fixture in the top/middle of the lineup. I wonder if he gets bumped to the bottom now that Cruz is there.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dunno but happy for the Rays and for Cruz. Good for both of them.

Comment

• Rays trade Rich Hill to the Mets for Tommy Hunter and an AA prospect. Hmmm, why?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Rays trade Rich Hill to the Mets for Tommy Hunter and an AA prospect. Hmmm, why?
                    Rich Hill meeting the Mets medical staff....LOL, what could possibly go wrong?

But, yeah, that's pretty puzzling given the deal for Cruz. I'm hoping it means the Rays are going to get Bazzed.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Has to be about Baz.

If he gets the call, does Baz get to pitch a decent amount of innings this year? Trying to evaluate for this year only.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                        Has to be about Baz.

If he gets the call, does Baz get to pitch a decent amount of innings this year? Trying to evaluate for this year only.
                        why wouldnt this be about Patino; or Honeywell, who they just shifted to a starter in AAA?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                          Has to be about Baz.

If it’s him, he’s already stretched out. So as long as the control doesn’t elude him when he comes up, he could log 60-70 innings.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Despite hovering around the Mendoza line so far, Wander Franco has been a fixture in the top/middle of the lineup. I wonder if he gets bumped to the bottom now that Cruz is there.
                            Batting 6th today. But, back-to-back multi hit games now.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Being ahead of Nellie has sure energized Ji-Man Choi.

Comment

• The trade of D Castillo isnt as mystifying as Seatlle's trade of Graveman (which doesnt look so bad now) but it's still curious. The Rays appear to have a lot of good hi-leverage arms in their pen but why trade away your best healthy guy in the middle of a playoff race? And I dont see what's so attractive about Chargois and Shenton. The Rays are pretty smart so it could work out but still curious.

Comment

Working...
                                X