2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I released Zunino 2 weeks into the season

When Franco comes up, I don't see him playing a lot of SS. Team puts a premium on defense, and nobody in the org is better than Walls. His at bats already look so much better than Adames's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      When Franco comes up, I don't see him playing a lot of SS. Team puts a premium on defense, and nobody in the org is better than Walls. His at bats already look so much better than Adames's.
      So, longer term, Rays will most likely have Walls at SS, Franco at 3B, Brujan in CF, and Lowe at 2B...nice!
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        So, longer term, Rays will most likely have Walls at SS, Franco at 3B, Brujan in CF, and Lowe at 2B...nice!
        That's where I am placing my chips

Comment

• And JLo in one of the corners?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
            And JLo in one of the corners?
            Eventually, yea. Have to figure they'll trade Meadows here at some point (rumors had them starting that process this winter) so that'll open up a spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Brujan was absent from the Durham lineup on Friday. Did he have a plane to catch?
              Out again on a Friday. Must be his regular day off. Or maybe karaoke night?
              Last edited by madducks; 05-28-2021, 10:13 PM.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Out again on a Friday. Must be his regular day off. Or maybe karaoke night?
                I think the boys let the sprinklers run overnight so the field was unplayable.

Comment

• Last week, Tyler Zombro, a pitcher for the Rays AAA affiliate, got hit on the head by a comebacker, dropped face first to the ground and went into convulsions. It was a pretty bad scene.

He underwent "major brain surgery" on Thursday but apparently is recovering and should be released from the hospital in a week or two.

Comment

• I know the video of it was running around on Twitter, but I thankfully avoided it. I was at The Trop when Alex Cobb was domed in 2013 or 2014 and I can still hear the sound of the ball thudding off his head and the minutes of dead silence in the stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      I know the video of it was running around on Twitter, but I thankfully avoided it. I was at The Trop when Alex Cobb was domed in 2013 or 2014 and I can still hear the sound of the ball thudding off his head and the minutes of dead silence in the stadium.
                      Wow. Definitely captured the moment there, J. Awful.

Comment

• Tyler Glasnow is getting an MRI on his right elbow today after feeling "a little tug" at the end of Monday's outing.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Tyler Glasnow is getting an MRI on his right elbow today after feeling "a little tug" at the end of Monday's outing.
                          "little tug" turns into "partial UCL tear as well as flexor strain"

ouch.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Is Glasnow worth a roster spot at this point? I think his owner is going to drop him, if he can't get anything for him--he is convinced he is done for this year surgery or no. My IL spots are full, but there is still a shot he comes back this year, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Is Glasnow worth a roster spot at this point? I think his owner is going to drop him, if he can't get anything for him--he is convinced he is done for this year surgery or no. My IL spots are full, but there is still a shot he comes back this year, right?
                              Given reports and Glasnow's own reaction from a tweet from a different thread, I'd guess it's pretty bad. Depends on who you'd have to spike off your IL list, but I suspect the odds are stacked pretty heavily against him contributing again this year. Maybe it'll be the rest/therapy/PRP injections route, so I'm more optimistic for next year, but I don't think there's much chance for this year.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                Given reports and Glasnow's own reaction from a tweet from a different thread, I'd guess it's pretty bad. Depends on who you'd have to spike off your IL list, but I suspect the odds are stacked pretty heavily against him contributing again this year. Maybe it'll be the rest/therapy/PRP injections route, so I'm more optimistic for next year, but I don't think there's much chance for this year.
                                Kind of like Lamet.
                                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X