2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    They really need to rename him TheOtherWander Franco.

Reminds me of my frustrations writing draft software - the data providers have no consistent playerID to use to identify players. So Will Smith is a Pitcher-Catcher in any system using names to lookup stats. I try to standardize on bbref, but I have to manually adjust all the others to match it, which is a very manual, time consuming process.
    What about "theotherlefthandedClevelandpitcherwhois22yearsold not24" Logan Allen

Comment

You mean Giants?
      I have no idea what team he's on, but CBS lists him on KC. Is there a 3rd Wander Franco?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        What about "theotherlefthandedClevelandpitcherwhois22yearsold not24" Logan Allen
        Someone FAABed that Allen in one of my leagues this year. We allow anyone to be FAABed, even if they are in the minors. The actual Allen was already on a team. He dropped the other Allen the next week.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          I have no idea what team he's on, but CBS lists him on KC. Is there a 3rd Wander Franco?
          Yes and no. There are 3 Wander Francos. None of them are Royals.

It's easiest to list them by birthday.

2001 Wander - the Ray
          1994 Wander - was a Royal and then a Giant
          1996 Wander - was an Astro then a Giant

Maybe the Giants are the real losers here.

Comment

The Giants are the real losers.
            I've been saying this all year...
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Wander Franco's first MLB hit is a 3-run home run!
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• And he was a teenager just a few months ago.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Dude didnt reach base in one AB tonight. So overrated!!

Comment

Dude didnt reach base in one AB tonight. So overrated!!
                      But, the other at bats.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Dude didnt reach base in one AB tonight. So overrated!!
                        Not all who lost are Wander?
                        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Not all who lost are Wander?
                          I wonder....
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I did not realize this, but apparently there are a lot of Yankees and Red Sox fans in the Tampa area. Here they are chanting that Wander Franco is "overrated." And Wander responds...

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              I did not realize this, but apparently there are a lot of Yankees and Red Sox fans in the Tampa area. Here they are chanting that Wander Franco is "overrated." And Wander responds...

Oh yeah. The Yanks spring training facility is in Tampa and the Red Sox are in Ft Myers, just an hour south.

Comment

Working...
                              X