No announcement yet.

2K24: Tampa Bay Rays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      I did not realize this, but apparently there are a lot of Yankees and Red Sox fans in the Tampa area. Here they are chanting that Wander Franco is "overrated." And Wander responds...

Yeah, it's evidently been that way for a long time in central/southern Florida. Around 2005, I went to ST for the 1st time. I had no trouble anywhere getting a ticket by walking up to the box office the day of the game. Except for Tampa (Yankees). This was early ST and the game was sold out. Couldnt even scalp a ticket. Later, I asked someone about this and he said that the ST tickets for Yankees and RedSox home games are very popular and you generally have to get them weeks in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
        Yeah, it's evidently been that way for a long time in central/southern Florida. Around 2005, I went to ST for the 1st time. I had no trouble anywhere getting a ticket by walking up to the box office the day of the game. Except for Tampa (Yankees). This was early ST and the game was sold out. Couldnt even scalp a ticket. Later, I asked someone about this and he said that the ST tickets for Yankees and RedSox home games are very popular and you generally have to get them weeks in advance.
        When I lived down there, it was much less Boston fans, but tons of Yankee fans. Lots of NY transplants in Florida. You see the same thing in South Florida. A lotta expat New Yorkers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          When I lived down there, it was much less Boston fans, but tons of Yankee fans. Lots of NY transplants in Florida. You see the same thing in South Florida. A lotta expat New Yorkers.
          you havent lived until you've sat through the UFC match in the stands that is a Dolphins-Jets game.

Comment

• Franco batting 3rd and playing SS today. He could end up qualifying at 3 positions (2B,SS,3B) this year.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• How close is Josh Lowe to the majors? Kiermeier has a 78 OPS+, which is bad even for him.

Comment

• Brujan getting called up tomorrow. To play CF?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Brujan getting called up tomorrow. To play CF?
                  I'm just hoping he sticks around for more than the doubleheader.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Brujan with an RBI single in his first MLB at bat. And he promptly follows that up with his first stolen base and his first run scored.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Brujan with an RBI single in his first MLB at bat. And he promptly follows that up with his first stolen base and his first run scored.
                      And in leagues with one-game eligibility, he already has 2B/OF eligibility after today!
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Ouch! A golden sombrero for Wander Franco. Growing pains.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Wander Franco started his 5th game at 3B on Friday, which gives him position eligibility there in Yahoo leagues and maybe some other leagues too.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Vidal Brujan sent down today. Hitting MLB pitching is hard.

Comment

• Rays about to acquire Nelson Cruz.
                              More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• supposedly a 4 player deal with Drew Strotman part of the package. 3.39/1.42 at AAA with 62 k's in 58 innings.

Comment

Working...
                                X