X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life is prettay prettay good right now

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      The undefeated Tampa Bay Rays are the first team since 1884 with a run differential of >50 over their 1st 9 games.
      Would not have picked TAM for that distinction! Looks like a very strong team though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Life is prettay prettay good right now
        At least 2 adult beverages in...
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

At least 2 adult beverages in...
          Nah. Tampa Bay has to do things “efficiently” (ie on the cheap), so J is only 1.1 beverages in at this point.

Comment

• They are a good team but they have beaten Detroit, Washington and Oakland, so far. Let’s wait until they play some better teams before awarding them the pennant.

Comment

• Fairbanks finally gets a save
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                They are a good team but they have beaten Detroit, Washington and Oakland, so far. Let’s wait until they play some better teams before awarding them the pennant.
                so when the other teams don't go undefeated and bludgeon these bottom feeding teams, then what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

so when the other teams don't go undefeated and bludgeon these bottom feeding teams, then what?
                  Time to start casting the movie for when the streak gets to 20. I'm curious which scouts they'll portray.
                  Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Forgive me if someone mentioned this already but the MLB record for consecutive wins to start a season is 13, held by the 1987 Brewers and the 1982 Braves. Tampa now is 12-0 so they can tie the record tomorrow when they play the Red Sox again.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      Forgive me if someone mentioned this already but the MLB record for consecutive wins to start a season is 13, held by the 1987 Brewers and the 1982 Braves. Tampa now is 12-0 so they can tie the record tomorrow when they play the Red Sox again.
                      cool to know! Thanks rhd.

Comment

• Tampa has a run differential of +65. Oakland, on the other hand, has a run differential of -49, lol.

Comment

• Uh oh, Jeffrey Springs left his start in the 4th inning with some kind of forearm injury.

Comment

• Left arm ulnar neuritis for Springs, almost assuredly a trip to the IL is in order.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Left arm ulnar neuritis for Springs, almost assuredly a trip to the IL is in order.
                              Their rotation is really banged up now. Looks like Taj Bradley, who was sent down after his start, is coming right back up.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post

Their rotation is really banged up now. Looks like Taj Bradley, who was sent down after his start, is coming right back up.
                                He was very impressive in his debut, maybe he'll be up to stay now.

Comment

Working...
                                X