X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• they're not even sure Story is going to play in 2023. Yikes

Comment

• From RW:

Red Sox' skipper Alex Cora announced Monday that outfielder Adam Duvall has been diagnosed with a fractured left wrist.

Bummer for those that have him. He was off to a hot start.

Comment

• Chris Sale transferred to the 60 day IL. It's starting to look like another lost season for him.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Your AL BAvg leader is ... Masataka Yoshida! He's been better than I thought he would be in all categories. Slashing .319/.381/.501 w 11 HR and 8 SBs. In 1 of my leagues, that translates to about a $31 player. I expected the high OPB but I figured for the year about a .282 BAvg w 10-12 HR and around 4 SBs.

Comment

• The Red Sox fired chief baseball officer Chaim Bloom.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Red Sox have hired Cubs’ assistant GM Craig Breslow as chief baseball officer.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Two-time Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber announced his retirement from professional baseball on Friday after a 13-year career. He finishes with 116 wins and 1725 K's along with a 3.44 ERA and 1.13 WHIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Two-time Cy Young Award winner Corey Kluber announced his retirement from professional baseball on Friday after a 13-year career. He finishes with 116 wins and 1725 K's along with a 3.44 ERA and 1.13 WHIP.
                  Klubot was a stud for a good 5 years--one of the very best in the game for half a decade. Looking up his WAR, I thought it would be a little higher, as good as he was form 2014-2018. But the injuries got him. He never did much of anything after 2018.

Comment

• Red Sox sign Brayan Bello to a six-year, $55 million contract extension through 2030.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Red Sox sign Brayan Bello to a six-year, $55 million contract extension through 2030.
                      So that seems like a lot. I guess it shows Boston has confidence in him....any other take aways?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

So that seems like a lot. I guess it shows Boston has confidence in him....any other take aways?
                        The way that MLB salaries keep rising that's probably only SP4 money right now. Seems like a team favorable contract to me.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The way that MLB salaries keep rising that's probably only SP4 money right now. Seems like a team favorable contract to me.
                          How many of those years are pre-arb/arb years? I don't think comparing this contract to a free agent one tells you anything at all, it's apples and oranges

Comment

• I just checked and he had 2 more pre-arb years left. Yeah this isn't an SP4 contract

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I just checked and he had 2 more pre-arb years left. Yeah this isn't an SP4 contract
                              So, you're saying you subtract the 2 minimum salary years before dividing the remainder of $55 million by 4 years instead of 6. OK, that's another way of looking at it.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

So, you're saying you subtract the 2 minimum salary years before dividing the remainder of $55 million by 4 years instead of 6. OK, that's another way of looking at it.
                                If you are comparing against a free agent contract you'd basically remove 2 years of the deal (and minimum salary for those 2 years) and then look at typical arb prices for the 3 arb years. So only 1 actual year of free agency bought out.

I don't think it's "another" way, it's really the only way to look at it if you are comparing contracts. Otherwise it's like saying Yamamoto must not be good he didn't make very much in Japan. It's not relevant.
                                Last edited by Ken; 03-08-2024, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X