2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
    Listening to what I believe was the WEEI post-game show on Sirius XM, someone suggested that Boston send Buchholz to AAA to get his head on straight. One of the talking heads went farther and suggested that the Red Sox send Buchholz to A-ball in Florida to rebuild his mechanics. I feel a phantom injury DL stint coming up. Certainly they can't put up with this, since it's far too early to just give up on this season.

As for who would replace him, I have no idea. I think Webster is first in line but haven't looked at his results lately.
    Capuano replaces him in the rotation. And they should do it. Watching the game, his mechanics are a complete train wreck. He throws one or two good pitches (with good mechanics) for every 5 or 6 pitches that he has absolutely no clue where they are going.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      WTF has happened to Clay Buchholz??? He's been absolutely terrible this season, but today's 3 IP, 8 BB debacle takes the cake.
      i was listening to the WEEI broadcast of the game. the announcers said his mechanics were awful. they said that his motion and arm slot were all over the place - he was often landing a foot to the left of where he should have been with his left foot, was sometimes turning his back completely on the batter, sometimes spinning around after delivery, etc.

crazy that he'd be tinkering that much with mechanics in an actual game.

i agree with others that a stint in the minor leagues is probably in the near future for him.
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

per rotoworld:

"Clay Buchholz hyperextended his left knee during his rough outing Monday against the Braves.
        Well, that's what the Red Sox are telling the media..."
        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Buchholz to the DL with suckitis.

Comment

He has Mark Wohlers Disease which could morph into Steve Blass Disease if left untreated.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

So the Red Sox seem loaded with startable bats they don't have a spot for -- Jackie Bradley, Jr., Mookie Betts, Allen Craig, Daniel Nava, Brock Holt -- but their rotation is putrid. Do they deal away one of the younger players like Bradley for an arm, or is Cespedes the player likely to fetch the best return?

Comment

So the Red Sox seem loaded with startable bats they don't have a spot for -- Jackie Bradley, Jr., Mookie Betts, Allen Craig, Daniel Nava, Brock Holt -- but their rotation is putrid. Do they deal away one of the younger players like Bradley for an arm, or is Cespedes the player likely to fetch the best return?
                I don't see Nava, Bradley,Jr., or Holt bringing much in the way of a return. I have no clue what somebody would trade for Craig after last year. Betts they could get a ton for but they aren't trading him.

Comment

Rotoword said that the Phils were scouting Betts, Matt Barnes and Christian Vasquez and mentioned that the Sox may make play for Hamels.
                  Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                  Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                    I don't see Nava, Bradley,Jr., or Holt bringing much in the way of a return. I have no clue what somebody would trade for Craig after last year. Betts they could get a ton for but they aren't trading him.
                    I agree with all of this and really hope they are not trading Betts. I gave up a ton to get him in my AL only 5x5.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwiz22 View Post
                      Has Bradley's star fallen that far already?

Comment

With the general fanbase, yes but not with the organization, supposedly.
                        Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Rotoworld is reporting that the Red Sox have made a contract offer to Lester. No details of the contract are known at this time.

As a Cubs fan who wants Lester, I don't have a good feeling about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            As a Cubs fan who wants Lester, I don't have a good feeling about this.
                            As a Cubs fan myself, I really am not that worried about the Red Sox at the moment. I see them offering a comparable deal to what Chicago will also offer (5 years, $85-$95 total). I am more concerned about the other teams joining the bidding lately. I really do not expect Theo and Jed to be willing to go 6 or 7 years in a contract offer, but some team always seems to be willing hand over that extra year or two. Atlanta might just be that team with the new stadium revenue coming in a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                              With the general fanbase, yes but not with the organization, supposedly.
                              I didn't realize how many ABs he got in 2014 -- 384 ABs, .198 BA. I guess I can understand why he doesn't have too many fans left!

Comment

He's been given two chances to be the starting center fielder and hasn't shown the ability to hit over .200. If he is traded the best they would probably get is a similarly struggling prospect.

Comment

Working...
                                X