No announcement yet.

2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday's matchup between the Rangers and Red Sox has been postponed due to inclement weather.

Boston announced that the game will be made up on Monday at 1:10 pm.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• What happened with Barnes today? I heard Shaw booted two plays that weren’t marked as errors.

I’m in a tight race for first and need wins. But I have Barnes at $5 and see him as a nice keeper. Would I be crazy to drop him off a three week waiver pickup who might get a couple wins?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
        What happened with Barnes today? I heard Shaw booted two plays that weren’t marked as errors.

I’m in a tight race for first and need wins. But I have Barnes at $5 and see him as a nice keeper. Would I be crazy to drop him off a three week waiver pickup who might get a couple wins?
        Flags fly forever. But, is he your worst player? He has been off for a couple weeks now but he's a very nice keeper who could be benched (I have 6 RP in a SV + HD league and am debating benching him).

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Cora rode Barnes hard most of the season and he looks gassed.

Comment

• Barnes has a 15.19 ERA and 2.44 WHIP in 9 August appearances.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Flags fly forever. But, is he your worst player? He has been off for a couple weeks now but he's a very nice keeper who could be benched (I have 6 RP in a SV + HD league and am debating benching him).
              Our league has no bench. Hate to lose him but am seriously considering dropping him for someone who might get me Ks or wins. What’s the verdict? Imploded again tonight.

Comment

Our league has no bench. Hate to lose him but am seriously considering dropping him for someone who might get me Ks or wins. What’s the verdict? Imploded again tonight.
                If you have no bench, you are taking the hits on him being gassed and missing out on the production of the pick up. It is tough to do, for sure, but I think you had to. We have pretty deep benches, but nonetheless, I am in a similar spot with Karinchak, as I have Lindor, Bregman, and Springer all coming off the IL this week. I have to cut someone and while I like his keeper potential, Karinchak makes the most sense for me.

Comment

No bench, and given your needs, it appears a sacrifice must be made to appease the fantasy gods. A burned out closer should do the trick.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    No bench, and given your needs, it appears a sacrifice must be made to appease the fantasy gods. A burned out closer should do the trick.
                    Lol. Nice one chance. I’ll say hi to Jobu.

Comment

• Chris Sale has tested positive for COVID.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I can't find anything on JD Martinez? I am worried his back is not responding. I have to decide if I am starting him or Yelich this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                          I can't find anything on JD Martinez? I am worried his back is not responding. I have to decide if I am starting him or Yelich this week.
                          Ugh. I think it is what it's been reported - back spasms, and he's day to day. I'd personally roll the dice on JD since the Brewers only have five games this week.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Ugh. I think it is what it's been reported - back spasms, and he's day to day. I'd personally roll the dice on JD since the Brewers only have five games this week.
                            I could also go with Bellinger, but that seems foolish. IDK. It looks like Martinez is out of the line up again tonight.. I have to decide in the next hour or so. Yelich with only 5 is not great, but they are good match ups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              I could also go with Bellinger, but that seems foolish. IDK. It looks like Martinez is out of the line up again tonight.. I have to decide in the next hour or so. Yelich with only 5 is not great, but they are good match ups.
                              Martinez has been cleared to play and is slated to hit fifth.
                              Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                                Martinez has been cleared to play and is slated to hit fifth.
                                Thanks Lord Zola...I have him in there, and I hope he crushes one against Gilbert, whom my opponent is starting.

Comment

Working...
                                X