No announcement yet.

2K24: Baltimore Orioles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyle Gibson w a very good outing tonite to win his 13th, which is tops in the AL along w Eflin. Orioles now have 80 straight series w/o getting swept.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Orioles took another series this weekend from the Yanks. They continue to have the best record in the AL and the 2nd best in MLB at 64-41. We're almost at the 2/3 mark of the season. Yet FG still has their ROS W/L pct. at below .500!!! I love FG but seriously they need to tweak their algorithm.
      O's clinched a series win against the Angels tonite and are now 36 G above .500. They continue to have the best record in the AL and the 2nd best in MLB at 87-51. Less than 4 weeks left but FG still has their ROS W/L pct. at below .500!!! Hey FG. this just in: the Orioles' record is not a fluke!

Comment

• Orioles clinched 1st place in the AL w tonite's win. They also won 100 G for the 6th time in franchise history and became the first MLB team to win 100 G after losing 110 G just 2 years before. Also, their 91st (IIRC) straight series w/o being swept. And the most amazing thing of all: FG finally has their ROS record at over .500!!!

Comment

• I didnt realize it before but Gunnar Henderson has a bWAR of 6.2! I thought sure that Corbin Carroll would lead all rookies in WAR but not according to B-Ref. His bWAR is only 5.5. FG WAR is quite different: 6.0 for Carroll and only 4.7 for Henderson. Still, I knew Gunnar was having an excellent rookie season, but I didnt realize it was that good!

Comment

• The Orioles announced on Saturday that Felix Bautista will undergo Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery. See you in 2025.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              The Orioles announced on Saturday that Felix Bautista will undergo Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery. See you in 2025.
              Really sucks, and not just cuz I have him. He was easily the best reliever in baseball this year. Huge loss.

Comment

• Mike Elias wins Baseball Executive of the Year award. Will Brandon Hyde win AL Best Manager? I'm thinking probably. Remember, post-season performance isnt supposed to be considered.

Comment

• Adley Rutschman won the Silver Slugger award for catchers in the AL. Gunnar Henderson won the Silver Slugger for the UT category in the AL.

Comment

• Gunnar Henderson wins AL Rookie of the Year.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Brandon Hyde wins the AL Manager of the Year Award.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Felix Bautista was named the 2023 American League Reliever of the Year.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Since editing of an X-Twitter post is not possible: The Orioles were sold for $1.725 Billion.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Since editing of an X-Twitter post is not possible: The Orioles were sold for $1.725 Billion.
                            This is being reported by several news sources, including local media outlet, WBAL-TV. I regularly listen to the local Baltimore sports talk and I hadnt heard anything about this being in the works. Wow!

Comment

• Turns out I'm on a first name basis with one of those 2 named owners as he's an avid fantasy baseball player

Comment

Working...
                              X