2K24: Baltimore Orioles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

reliever volatillity all wrapped up in one big can. I grabbed him for $8 2 weeks ago as Batista insurance if they decide to do what they did with Lopez out of nowhere
    Nice insurance, Y. Cano looks awesome.
    Last edited by Sharky; 05-13-2023, 08:40 AM.

Comment

• Another scoreless inning tonite and another save. The equivalent of over 2 shutouts now. And he still hasnt walked anyone!

Comment

• Cano finally gave up a run tonite, ballooning his ERA to a lofty 0.40. But still no walks after 22.7 IP.

Comment

• Cano finally gave up a walk tonite. His 2nd run, too. But called upon to get a save against the Yanks, he gets the job done. He almost went the equivalent of 3 complete games w/o issuing a BB. His ERA now is 0.67 and his WHIP is 0.45.

Comment

• Jorge Mateo in April:.347/.395/.667, 6 HRs, 6 BBs, 12 Ks.

Jorge Mateo, May 1 - June 20 -- .160/.190/.191 in 139 PAs. 0 HRs, 5 BBs, 39 Ks. Jordan Westburg has been raking at AAA -- a change has to be coming soon.

Comment

• Jordan Westburg being called up. Presumably, the Jorge Mateo era is over.

Comment

• The Orioles and Reds are hooking up for a 3 game series in Baltimore beginning tonight. This could be a 2025 World series preview with all of the young stars on both teams.

I wonder if Grayson Rodriguez gets another callup for this series.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  The Orioles and Reds are hooking up for a 3 game series in Baltimore beginning tonight. This could be a 2025 World series preview with all of the young stars on both teams.

I wonder if Grayson Rodriguez gets another callup for this series.
                  This is definitely the game I'll be watching tonight

Comment

• The Orioles will recall Grayson Rodriguez from Triple-A on Monday to start against the Dodgers, Steve Melewski of MASNSports.com reports.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Your 1st place Baltimore Orioles ladies and gentlemen

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        Your 1st place Baltimore Orioles ladies and gentlemen
                        Yeah, baby!

Comment

• Orioles have not been swept in a series since last May. They have only 2 losing streaks longer than 2 games this year: one of 4 G and one of 3 G. That's one reason why they have the best record in the AL.

Comment

• Orioles took another series this weekend from the Yanks. They continue to have the best record in the AL and the 2nd best in MLB at 64-41. We're almost at the 2/3 mark of the season. Yet FG still has their ROS W/L pct. at below .500!!! I love FG but seriously they need to tweak their algorithm.

Comment

• Mike Baumann is bidding to break Tom Zachary's "winningest undefeated" pitcher record of 12-0. He won again tonite and is now 9-0. All his wins are in relief, since all his appearances are in relief.

Comment

• Orioles won today to avoid getting swept by Houston. I believe that takes their streak of consecutive series w/o getting swept to 76 dating back to last May. I was curious to find out what the MLB record is for this and apparently it is 125, achieved by the Cardinals from 1942-44. The O's streak is now the 4th longest, as the Giants had a streak of 106 in 1903-05 and the Yanks had a streak of 83 in 1992-94. O's have only 15 more series this year, so they cant challenge the record until 2024.
                                Last edited by rhd; 08-10-2023, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X