Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 LastLast

Thread: 2K21: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Blue Jays place 2B Cavan Biggio on the 10-day IL with a cervical spine ligament sprain.
    I'm not sure how serious that is, but it sounds nasty.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    I'm not sure how serious that is, but it sounds nasty.
    I had the same thought. He had a "sore neck" last night. Do guys even have a cervix?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16 | Runner up 17/19/20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01/05/17 | Runner up 13/14/15/20

Quote Originally Posted by virgonomic View Post
    I had the same thought. He had a "sore neck" last night. Do guys even have a cervix?
    Well women have a coccyx...
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    Well women have a coccyx...
    I know, Napolean Dynamite's grandma broke hers. That sounds worse than what happened to Biggio.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16 | Runner up 17/19/20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01/05/17 | Runner up 13/14/15/20

As a Biggio owner, this is a mercy killing anyway. He has been awful.

Rowdy Tellez just doesn't play at all. What a disappointment.

Scooter Stunt Double Moonlight J's Avatar
    Tough to find room for Tellez in the lineup when all the OF are healthy, which could mean he's gone once Springer finally returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight J View Post
    Tough to find room for Tellez in the lineup when all the OF are healthy, which could mean he's gone once Springer finally returns.
    At this point I'll believe that Springer has returned when I see it. Or, rather, maybe a week or so after I've seen it, to make sure he hasn't reinjured himself running to 1st base.

Manoah gets the call, will start Wednesday vs the Yanks

Beauty of a first start for Manoah. The Yankees lineup is pretty weak right now because of injuries to Stanton, Voit, Hicks, Urshela, etc. But he looked like he can hang in the bigs. Some first inning jitters, as his first 6 pitches were balls, but he got swinging strikes with different pitches, and his 96 mph FB was blown by hitters consistently. Judge in slow-mo on the 1st K looks foolish on a low FB. So far, so good.

Here's every pitch he threw. Gives you a good sense of how he's using and controlling his arsenal. Mostly bullying with the FB and dropping off speed in and out of the zone. Hard to tell on the slider. Often looks loopy and hung, but then occasionally thrown harder on the bottom corner with command. Needs more consistency and will see if the FB continues to perform so well as scouting departments pick him apart.

"My favourite is when Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi say "we need a strong Republican party." And I'm like, "um, well, I donít. Not sure why you do." And then I realized why they do need a strong Republican party. Because if there was no Republican party, even if you were a fan of the Democrats, you would be like "hey, now what's holding you back from doing good policy if there's no opposition?" Because they'd be revealed as frauds." - Judah Friedlander