2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Blue Jays place 2B Cavan Biggio on the 10-day IL with a cervical spine ligament sprain.
    I'm not sure how serious that is, but it sounds nasty.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      I'm not sure how serious that is, but it sounds nasty.
      I had the same thought. He had a "sore neck" last night. Do guys even have a cervix?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
        I had the same thought. He had a "sore neck" last night. Do guys even have a cervix?
        Well women have a coccyx...
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Well women have a coccyx...
          I know, Napolean Dynamite's grandma broke hers. That sounds worse than what happened to Biggio.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• As a Biggio owner, this is a mercy killing anyway. He has been awful.

Comment

• Rowdy Tellez just doesn't play at all. What a disappointment.

Comment

• Tough to find room for Tellez in the lineup when all the OF are healthy, which could mean he's gone once Springer finally returns.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  Tough to find room for Tellez in the lineup when all the OF are healthy, which could mean he's gone once Springer finally returns.
                  At this point I'll believe that Springer has returned when I see it. Or, rather, maybe a week or so after I've seen it, to make sure he hasn't reinjured himself running to 1st base.

Comment

• Manoah gets the call, will start Wednesday vs the Yanks

Comment

• Beauty of a first start for Manoah. The Yankees lineup is pretty weak right now because of injuries to Stanton, Voit, Hicks, Urshela, etc. But he looked like he can hang in the bigs. Some first inning jitters, as his first 6 pitches were balls, but he got swinging strikes with different pitches, and his 96 mph FB was blown by hitters consistently. Judge in slow-mo on the 1st K looks foolish on a low FB. So far, so good.

Here's every pitch he threw. Gives you a good sense of how he's using and controlling his arsenal. Mostly bullying with the FB and dropping off speed in and out of the zone. Hard to tell on the slider. Often looks loopy and hung, but then occasionally thrown harder on the bottom corner with command. Needs more consistency and will see if the FB continues to perform so well as scouting departments pick him apart.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• The Blue Jays activate OF Teoscar Hernandez from the paternity list on Father's Day.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• well now that spring is over, it's Springer time!!!!

bad news for Rowdy, he's AAA bound
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            bad news for Rowdy, he's AAA bound
                            Not sure it's the worst news from him. His confidence was already shot, sometimes a guy needs a reprieve.

Comment

• Jays acquire Corey Dickerson & Adam Cimber for Joe Panik & a minor league pitcher

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Jays acquire Corey Dickerson & Adam Cimber for Joe Panik & a minor league pitcher
                                Jays have been really looking for bullpen help - this is largely about Cimber ... wouldn't be surprised to see another deal in the not too distant future (the pen has been pretty brutal, aside from Romano)
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X