2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
    He has been a staff ratio destroyer in the past many times including just last year. I didn't trust the guy as far as I could throw Terry Forster.
    Terry Forster, nice one!

In fact, some here, including yours truly, advocating for one poster to drop Ray early in the season! Talk about a disastrous turn of events!

Comment

• Raises hand...yup, I was one of those. Heard the stories of "worked on mechanics and delivery", "able to better repeat delivery", and, admittedly, thought of that stuff as "in best shape of career" noise.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Ray went $4 in AL LABR to presumptive champ Ian Kahn and I kicked myself for not going higher. I spent $8 on Ray in AL Tout and that was questioned.

Worth it

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          Ray went $4 in AL LABR to presumptive champ Ian Kahn and I kicked myself for not going higher. I spent $8 on Ray in AL Tout and that was questioned.

Worth it
          I got him for $6 but did not target him. It was mostly because there were not many starters left. Were you targeting him?

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            I got him for $6 but did not target him. It was mostly because there were not many starters left. Were you targeting him?
            I was targeting him - https://www.rotowire.com/baseball/article.php?id=56063

He went through multiple deliveries last year and started to look great in relief with Toronto last year.

Comment

• With the Jays' doubleheader sweep of the O's tonite, Jays now are tied w the Yanks for the 2nd wild card spot. 2nd game was really unusual. O's starter Keegan Akin carried a no-hitter into the 7th but gave up a hit, a 2-run HR and another hit before being pulled. Jays went on to score 11 runs on 11 hits in the inning and won 11-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                With the Jays' doubleheader sweep of the O's tonite, Jays now are tied w the Yanks for the 2nd wild card spot. 2nd game was really unusual. O's starter Keegan Akin carried a no-hitter into the 7th but gave up a hit, a 2-run HR and another hit before being pulled. Jays went on to score 11 runs on 11 hits in the inning and won 11-2.
                And that was after an awesome finish in the first game of the doubleheader where the Jays scored four in the 7th to win 11-10, thanks in part to a dramatic George Springer 2 run HR with two out.

Yes, tied with the Yanks and one game behind the Red Sox. It's been a good September so far.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  And that was after an awesome finish in the first game of the doubleheader where the Jays scored four in the 7th to win 11-10, thanks in part to a dramatic George Springer 2 run HR with two out.

Yes, tied with the Yanks and one game behind the Red Sox. It's been a good September so far.
                  How did they do today? My boxscore showed Argos 22 Ravens 7.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    How did they do today? My boxscore showed Argos 22 Ravens 7.
                    Yes. The first ever interleague game between the NFL and CFL. Was in Baltimore so they used the NFL rules. Each team scored a single touchdown. The difference in the outcome was 5 FGs by Boris Bede.

Comment

• And now, w tonite's Yanks' loss, Jays have a wild card spot all to themselves. Actually, they are now in a virtual tie w the RedSox for the 1st wild card spot. You might even say they are ahead because they have 1 less loss than the Sox.

Comment

• Vladdy takes the MLB lead in HRs w #45!

Comment

• Manoah IP 8 H 1 K 10 BB 0 dominant performance.

Hernandez 5 for 5.

Comment

• Dont look now, but w tonite's win and the RedSox' loss, the Jays now are in #1 wildcard position, w the RedSox and the Yanks in a virtual tie for the 2nd spot.
                            Last edited by rhd; 09-14-2021, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• the Jays scored 8 runs last night - Sept 13, which lowered their avg number of runs scored in September
                              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• If the Jays make the playoffs, it will be hard not to put Vlad 1st on your MVP ballot.

Comment

Working...
                                X