Page 121 of 121 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121
Results 1,201 to 1,208 of 1208

Thread: 2K22: New York Yankees

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I guess he actually has some other exclusive clubs....

One of them being a 60 HR, 15 SB, .400 OBP season
    He is in the 60 HR, 16 SB, 280 pounds club by himself.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    So, how much is it going to cost the Yankees to sign Aaron Judge this winter? $400 million? $500 million?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    So, how much is it going to cost the Yankees to sign Aaron Judge this winter? $400 million? $500 million?
    It will probably cost $45m-$50m/season over 7 years, with a player option after 4, is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    It will probably cost $45m-$50m/season over 7 years, with a player option after 4, is my guess.
    Since he's already 30, I was thinking $300 mil/6 years. But your point on the player option is a good one. And if the Dodgers just decide they're going to pay the salary cap penalty for like, the next ten years, then it could get really interesting. LA's the one place he could go where he might even have more endorsement opportunities than NY.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    I really think the Yankees are going to have to give him 10 years just to outbid other teams. I know big money for 40 year olds never works out well for teams. But, they will just have to absorb the loss at the end of the contract to lock up Judge for his prime years.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    I really think the Yankees are going to have to give him 10 years just to outbid other teams. I know big money for 40 year olds never works out well for teams. But, they will just have to absorb the loss at the end of the contract to lock up Judge for his prime years.
    I don't think he's going to want 10 years. I could be wrong. Since he bet on himself, he may believe he should do it again and get an opt-out after year four or so. This way, teams won't have the luxury of back-loading the deal. Front-load it with an opt out after 4.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by chancellor View Post
    Since he's already 30, I was thinking $300 mil/6 years. But your point on the player option is a good one. And if the Dodgers just decide they're going to pay the salary cap penalty for like, the next ten years, then it could get really interesting. LA's the one place he could go where he might even have more endorsement opportunities than NY.
    Steve Cohen could want to stick his finger in the eye of the Yankees too. But I guess we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by umjewman View Post
    Steve Cohen could want to stick his finger in the eye of the Yankees too. But I guess we will see.
    The interwebz might melt down if that happened, but you're right.
    I'm just here for the baseball.