X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Voit is back on the Mondesi list?
    Mondesi is on the Buxton list.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Mondesi is on the Buxton list.
      And I have own all 3 this year

Comment

• Tim Locastro done for the year (and probably half of next year) with a torn ACL.

Comment

• I can't wait to see what kind of wildness the Yankees create on the trade market.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I can't wait to see what kind of wildness the Yankees create on the trade market.
            Do you think they're sellers? They should be, but rarely are. If they did sell, they could definitely part with Sanchez & Chapman, and Frazier looks like he'll need a change of scenery (and maybe Gleyber), but they don't have much else that's healthy and movable.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Do you think they're sellers? They should be, but rarely are. If they did sell, they could definitely part with Sanchez & Chapman, and Frazier looks like he'll need a change of scenery (and maybe Gleyber), but they don't have much else that's healthy and movable.
              I think they're buyers, though Frazier and Gleyber could be a key part of those moves. Not that it makes sense, but like you pointed out, that's the way they typically roll. OTOH, if they'd go out and get a Starling Marte or Trevor Story (or both), they'd get a chance to see how they play in NY and how they fit into the clubhouse before trying to sign them as FA's, so that might be worth the investment of assets that don't seem to have a future or minor leaguers who are blocked.

But it would be interesting if they sold - in addition to the four you've listed, add in German, Britton, Andujar, and even Chad Green and it could get wild on the market.

Comment

I think they're buyers, though Frazier and Gleyber could be a key part of those moves. Not that it makes sense, but like you pointed out, that's the way they typically roll. OTOH, if they'd go out and get a Starling Marte or Trevor Story (or both), they'd get a chance to see how they play in NY and how they fit into the clubhouse before trying to sign them as FA's, so that might be worth the investment of assets that don't seem to have a future or minor leaguers who are blocked.

But it would be interesting if they sold - in addition to the four you've listed, add in German, Britton, Andujar, and even Chad Green and it could get wild on the market.
                I think this Boston series gave them some mistaken hope. Andujar they'll likely keep, but German, who still has the stench of that DV case, and Britton, who is a free agent but injured again, could go.

Comment

I think this Boston series gave them some mistaken hope. Andujar they'll likely keep, but German, who still has the stench of that DV case, and Britton, who is a free agent but injured again, could go.
                  Didn't Britton just get activated? Or am I missing something?

Comment

Didn't Britton just get activated? Or am I missing something?
                    Nope, I missed that he was activated.

Comment

Nope, I missed that he was activated.
                      Phew. Figured he got hurt walking to his car or something.

Comment

• Another Gerrit Cole rant about being denied the sticky stuff coming in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Another Gerrit Cole rant about being denied the sticky stuff coming in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...
                          Wuss. If he were half as smart as Gaylord Perry or Don Sutton, he'd have this solved by now.

Comment

Wuss. If he were half as smart as Gaylord Perry or Don Sutton, he'd have this solved by now.
                            Given the stakes and how much money in in play, how hard would it be to hire some special effects expert to create a skin patches that match the specific player's skin exactly and that excrete spider tack, possibly also colored to be as invisible as possible, when pressed? A player could put multiple patches on his arms so as to not go back tot he same place too frequently. If anyone tries to squeeze his arms, he can go all Altuve on them when they tried to rip off his shirt that time.

Comment

• So where does the Rizzo aquisition leave Luke Voit? He's ready to come off the IL any day now...does he get dealt off in a deal? Stanton is at DH for the next decade or two, so there's no room there other than the 2-3 months he misses every year.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                So where does the Rizzo aquisition leave Luke Voit? He's ready to come off the IL any day now...does he get dealt off in a deal? Stanton is at DH for the next decade or two, so there's no room there other than the 2-3 months he misses every year.
                                Not sure if you mean this year or next year and beyond. Rizzo plays first this year with Voit coming off the bench and next year Voit goes back to playing first base since Rizzo is a free agent.
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X