2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    So where does the Rizzo aquisition leave Luke Voit? He's ready to come off the IL any day now...does he get dealt off in a deal? Stanton is at DH for the next decade or two, so there's no room there other than the 2-3 months he misses every year.
    He becomes part of the Trevor Story deal. The Yankees have to be planning that play the way they’re maneuvering under the salary cap.

That’s my guess and I’m stickin’ with it.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Interesting stat on Gallo. There are three Yankees that already have more GDP this season than Gallo has in his career.

What are they going to do with a Gold Glove in the OF? Move him to 1B maybe?

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        He becomes part of the Trevor Story deal. The Yankees have to be planning that play the way they’re maneuvering under the salary cap.

As a Voit owner, I'm all in on this theory...it's not like the Rockies are set at 1st base for the next 5 years. Wide open in Colorado...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

That makes a lot of sense, for both teams.

Comment

• Yankees acquiring Andrew Heaney. Hell of a trade season! Choo choo!!!
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
              Yankees acquiring Andrew Heaney. Hell of a trade season! Choo choo!!!
              Yeah, who needs stinkin' Max Scherzer when you can land Andrew Heaney!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                Hell of a trade season! Choo choo!!!
                Coming back from the KBO?

Comment

• Gallo, Judge, Rizzo, Stanton, and Sanchez would make for a good offensive line in football.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Voit is the tight end at 6-3, 255.

inj 1B Gittens is 6-4, 250.
                    new RP Clay Holmes is 6-5, 240.
                    Montgomery is 6-6, 230.
                    Taillon is 6-5, 230.
                    Cole, Chapman, and LeMahieu are 6-4, 220.
                    Green is 6-3, 215.

in unrelated news, the Yankees seem to have a lot of injuries.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Cole got Covid, it's because the MLB banned spider tack a known coronavirus antibody....
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        Cole got Covid, it's because the MLB banned spider tack a known coronavirus antibody....
                        Great. Was he vaccinated?
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Great. Was he vaccinated?
                          No mention of it.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Luis Gil up to fill in while German is down and Cole is out. That was a pretty meteoric rise. Which is the opposite of Deivi Garcia, who's meteorite has crashed and wrecked everything else around it.

Comment

Luis Gil up to fill in while German is down and Cole is out. That was a pretty meteoric rise. Which is the opposite of Deivi Garcia, who's meteorite has crashed and wrecked everything else around it.
                              I would not expect much, he has struggled at AAA walking 17% and averaging less than 4IP per start. He got clobbered by the Syracuse Mets last week.

I'm not sure it's as much of a meteoric rise as it is that Garcia has been terrible and Schmidt is rehabbing.

Comment

• Anthony Rizzo becomes first player in Yankees history with six RBI in his first six games.

Comment

Working...
                                X