• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh oh.....Gerrit Cole going for an MRI on his elbow

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Uh oh.....Gerrit Cole going for an MRI on his elbow
      And Aaron Judge has some kind of injury that manager Aaron Boone Is trying to downplay by calling it “mid-spring beat up”. Judge clearly winced in pain as he took a swing on Sunday and then was removed from the game.

Last edited by madducks; 03-12-2024, 10:17 AM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

And Aaron Judge has some kind of injury that manager Aaron Boone Is trying to downplay by calling it “mid-spring beat up”. Judge clearly winced in pain as he took a swing on Sunday and then was removed from the game.
        Judge with an abdominal strain. Sigh.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Uh oh.....Gerrit Cole going for an MRI on his elbow
          Cole is out 1-2 months and will see Dr. El-Attrache.

How long until we get the “We hope to see him pitch sometime this season” line

Comment

• At this point I'd be happy with 2 months missed.
            Have him on 1 DC team so this sucks. Last year I had Edwin Diaz on a team that came in 4th in the league.
            Here's hoping for the best.

Comment

What I've read suggests they have found no ucl tearing at all so far, so it may end up being he only misses a month or two. I'm not sure what they are looking for at this point....maybe there is too much swelling to be sure and they want to check again later? I don't know. It will be very interesting to see what he goes for in my upcoming auction. He was going to be kept, but now won't and the current info is still uncertain enough that I think either someone will end up with a great value on a top 2 pitcher in baseball that will carry over to next year as a great keeper, or someone will be tanking their season spending a substantial amount of money or a top 7 round draft pick on a guy who doesn't end up pitching this year. There is enough hope with the no ucl tear reports that I could see guys paying 75% of his previous projected value in auctions this weekend, especially in keeper leagues. I don't do drafts, but I'm thinking with the current info, he will be a 6th-7th round pick in mixed leagues until/unless there is a medical update from what is being reported as of today.

It may or may not be telling that reports suggest no interest from the Yankees in signing Snell or trading for Cease and that Cole's injury has not changed those positions. So, at this point, they may believe he will indeed be back soon.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 03-13-2024, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• So, is a 50% discount on Cole a reasonable auction price now?

What round does Cole fall to now in a redraft league?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Or the old "rest and rehab" aka "kick the can down the road" plan of action.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

What I've read suggests they have found no ucl tearing at all so far, so it may end up being he only misses a month or two. I'm not sure what they are looking for at this point....maybe there is too much swelling to be sure and they want to check again later? I don't know. It will be very interesting to see what he goes for in my upcoming auction. He was going to be kept, but now won't and the current info is still uncertain enough that I think either someone will end up with a great value on a top 2 pitcher in baseball that will carry over to next year as a great keeper, or someone will be tanking their season spending a substantial amount of money or a top 7 round draft pick on a guy who doesn't end up pitching this year. There is enough hope with the no ucl tear reports that I could see guys paying 75% of his previous projected value in auctions this weekend, especially in keeper leagues. I don't do drafts, but I'm thinking with the current info, he will be a 6th-7th round pick in mixed leagues until/unless there is a medical update from what is being reported as of today.

It may or may not be telling that reports suggest no interest from the Yankees in signing Snell or trading for Cease and that Cole's injury has not changed those positions. So, at this point, they may believe he will indeed be back soon.
                    I've read that the swelling is significant enough to be covering a possible tear.

If he's shut down from throwing for a month, then he needs another month to ramp back up, so 2 months seems like a bare minimum. So at best it's ~June 15th, at worst it's see you in '25 or '26. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Comment

• Yankees OF Oscar Gonzalez is expected to be out 4 weeks after fouling a ball off of his face and fracturing his right orbital bone during Monday’s exhibition game in Mexico City.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yanks acquire Jon Berti from the Marlins in a 3tm deal. Ben Rortvedt goes to the Rays, prospect Jon Cruz goes to the Marlins

Comment

• Longtime radio announcer John Sterling announced his retirement, effective immediately

Comment

Working...
                          X