Yeah so global warming huh...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah so global warming huh...

Global cooling: Arctic ice caps grows by 60% against global warming predictions | Mail Online

Some eminent scientists now believe the world is heading for a period of cooling that will not end until the middle of this century – a process that would expose computer forecasts of imminent catastrophic warming as dangerously misleading.

Oh look, a north-west passage is still open. It grows and recedes every year. Victory is yours.

Comment

well the science on this is less than straightforward; read all the research & choose who to believe ...

Esa's Cryosat mission observes continuing Arctic winter ice decline

The volume of sea ice in the Arctic hit a new low this past winter, according to observations from the European Space Agency's (Esa) Cryosat mission.
      During March/April - the time of year when marine floes are at their thickest - the radar spacecraft recorded just under 15,000 cu km of ice.
      In its three years of full operations, Cryosat has witnessed a continuing shrinkage of winter ice volume.
      It underlines, say scientists, the long-term decline of the floes.
      Thirty years ago, there were perhaps 30,000 cu km at the height of winter.
      While there has been a great deal of attention focused of late on the falling extent (area) of sea ice in the Arctic, especially during summer months, researchers emphasise that it is volume that provides the most reliable assessment of the changes now underway in the northern polar region.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Should we look at the long term trends or the short term variance?

Hmmm?

Comment

Or maybe just maybe this is just the earth doing it's thing. No global warming no global cooling just nature.

Comment

Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
            Or maybe just maybe this is just the earth doing it's thing. No global warming no global cooling just nature.
            Science or maybe's.

I'll go with science.

Comment

No, the World Isn't Cooling

Comment

related
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

I don't care if the statistics show that the world is cooling, warming or whatever, you're an ignoramus if you look out over the horizon of any major city (or minor even) and see the haze of shite floating over it, you can deny that what we are spewing in to the air isn't doing some kind of damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                    I don't care if the statistics show that the world is cooling, warming or whatever, you're an ignoramus if you look out over the horizon of any major city (or minor even) and see the haze of shite floating over it, you can deny that what we are spewing in to the air isn't doing some kind of damage.
                    ... says the guy who once nearly killed himself with aerosol
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                      ... says the guy who once nearly killed himself with aerosol
                      touché

Comment

Eminent Scientists would make for a great band name

Comment

Here's the fact of facts that will solve all the global warming problems.

We need to stop adding so much ice to our drinks. Fountain sodas come out cold, we do not need to add so much ice!!

Do your part. Ask for no ice.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            Eminent Scientists would make for a great band name
                            Immenent Scientists is better.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Oxymoron's make better band names.

So Immanent Scientists FTW

Comment

Working...
                              X