No announcement yet.

*** VD 8 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a quick recap ... I'm inferring what Hacko, LJ and TSG want from posts they've made ... but they may have just been chiming in:

Johnny - 1920-69 (but will do anything ... the redraft without the VD7 players is interesting also ... but since it will involve more annoying manual spreadsheet additions, I'm opting for 1920-69)
    Heye - redraft reduced player pool (without the players drafted in VD7?)
    Long John - 1920 - 1969 (minus saves?)
    Hacko - 1920-1969 draft
    TS Garp - 1920-1969 (minus saves?)

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      So a quick recap ... I'm inferring what Hacko, LJ and TSG want from posts they've made ... but they may have just been chiming in:

Johnny - 1920-69 (but will do anything ... the redraft without the VD7 players is interesting also ... but since it will involve more annoying manual spreadsheet additions, I'm opting for 1920-69)
      Heye - redraft reduced player pool (without the players drafted in VD7?)
      Long John - 1920 - 1969 (minus saves?)
      Hacko - 1920-1969 draft
      TS Garp - 1920-1969 (minus saves?)
      Just because I'll agree to anything my opinion doesn't count ?

I'm ok with whatever
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        Just because I'll agree to anything my opinion doesn't count ?

I'm ok with whatever
        I left you off because saying you want any is the same as not saying anything

Comment

I left you off because saying you want any is the same as not saying anything
          Well assuming you haven't manipulated everyones input in your summary, seems like 1920-1969 is the time period and we should work on the details from there
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Well assuming you haven't manipulated everyones input in your summary, seems like 1920-1969 is the time period and we should work on the details from there
            I did mention that some people had made non-committal comments of 1920-1969 ... given that the thread is a discussion rather than a black and white choice, I think I've accurately reflected what people requested or accepted. Of course, "I want X" would make things a little easier.

We could make a poll as there only 2 choices seem to be redraft (of some kind) and 1920-69.

Comment

I did mention that some people had made non-committal comments of 1920-1969 ... given that the thread is a discussion rather than a black and white choice, I think I've accurately reflected what people requested or accepted. Of course, "I want X" would make things a little easier.

We could make a poll as there only 2 choices seem to be redraft (of some kind) and 1920-69.
              I didn't think you were manipulating anything, if you didn't summarize we probably wouldn't make much progress. Poll is find, maybe I'll try to figure that out
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

finding and figuring out how to manipulate your own pole is an excellent way to avoid VD.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  finding and figuring out how to manipulate your own pole is an excellent way to avoid VD.
                  I guess we are going for quality, not quantity in this thread
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

what happened to Knuckleballs? He was a newbie, participated in VD 6, and that was the last anyone's ever heard from him.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      what happened to Knuckleballs? He was a newbie, participated in VD 6, and that was the last anyone's ever heard from him.
                      Wasn't he someone on RJ's friend who joined for one of the music or guilty pleasure drafts ? thought I recall that but not sure
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Wasn't he someone on RJ's friend who joined for one of the music or guilty pleasure drafts ? thought I recall that but not sure
                        He's a PONY league guy. Not sure where he disappeared to though.

Comment

Actually, looking at my schedule I'm probably not going to be able to participate. There are only two weeks left in June and I have lots of stuff in July that will make it a hassle, so I'm probably out until sometime in August at the earliest.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Lame.
                            truly. If we get going by the end of the week I could probably do it. Who all would be in for a Friday start ?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

truly. If we get going by the end of the week I could probably do it. Who all would be in for a Friday start ?
                              Friday start

1920-1969 Pool

CJ out, so 10 participants (likely)

5x5 ... just keep saves I suppose?

Comment

done.

Comment

Working...
                                X