It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Waiting on the Revo review of Without Remorse... I feel like that's right up your alley.
    Haha, yup. Watched it with my son last week. We both liked it a lot. Jordan is a bad ass and a great choice to play Jack Ryan’s ghost in the field. It was a good origin story, had good action and was easily better than the reviews.

Hopefully Clark will show up on the next season of Jack Ryan.

Comment

• A man trapped in an automated prison must outsmart a computer to escape and try and find his way back to the world, which may already be wiped out.

it's a good movie

Comment

• After a state-of-the-art U.S. spacecraft discovers a massive monster in space, pirates ransack their ship - and the crew decides to hunt the creature.

surprisingly good movie. it's like a space-pirate moby dick. also, the equation for a white hole is the opposite of e=mc2. I found it once on wiki. it's surprisingly simple. which is easier than saying it's the opposite of black holes. if white holes exist, and there is a chance they might, they would be the most fabulous object in the world.

Comment

• watched Army of the Dead.

Pretty good, but it was longer than needed, and had a few story lines that were unnecessary and kind of messed up the pacing. I wish they did more with less.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

watched Army of the Dead.

Pretty good, but it was longer than needed, and had a few story lines that were unnecessary and kind of messed up the pacing. I wish they did more with less.
            Just finished that Yesterday....Twas just OK, as Zombie movies go--I lean toward Zombieland or TWD. AOTD was kind of in the middle-ish.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Mrs. Gregg and I watched it last night. It was better than we thought it would be. Special effects were great. Not a bad Sunday Night action flick.

No World War Z but pretty good.

Comment

• I could have done with more heist and less "my friend is missing"
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Godzilla vs Kong on HBO Max today. Watched it with the kids, who were anxious to see it. It was surprisingly better than I had thought it would be.
                  Went to my first drive-in movie in about 30 years and saw this, uh, thing. It was so, so bad. The plot made no sense, there was no build up, each character was just a trope, each more ridiculous than the last, and apparently you needed to have watched some previous Godzilla movie in order to even understand what the hell was happening. Still, decent film to see at a drive in with a child, I guess. I kind of liked King Kong and Skull Island but this one wasn’t even in the same league.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

I liked Army of the Dead. When I told my fanboy friend I liked it, he was besides himself. He thought it sucked.

Was looking for a movie last night that the kids would like. Found "Bill & Ted Face the Music." I said, let's watch this! Three seconds into it I was already regretting my decision. My 14-year old said "it was the worst movie he's ever seen." My wife bailed on it after 10 minutes. My 10-year old "really liked it and wants to watch the original." I can't believe it got an 82% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Comment

The restaurant where the dude works in the movie is the most awesome Chinese hamburger place (no, really) you'll ever find in real life.
                      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I've now tried to watch Tenet three times and I still have no idea wtf is going on. Honestly, I really like it so far but it requires 100% attention and that's a tough sell for me when I'm watching at home.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          I liked Army of the Dead. When I told my fanboy friend I liked it, he was besides himself. He thought it sucked.

Was looking for a movie last night that the kids would like. Found "Bill & Ted Face the Music." I said, let's watch this! Three seconds into it I was already regretting my decision. My 14-year old said "it was the worst movie he's ever seen." My wife bailed on it after 10 minutes. My 10-year old "really liked it and wants to watch the original." I can't believe it got an 82% on Rotten Tomatoes.
                          My wife and 13 year old daughter loved it. I expected the worst, most of the comedy sequels done decades later are terrible (dumb and dumber comes to mind), but I thought they did a great job making it relevant to the modern age. I only hated the song at the end, the rest I enjoyed.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                            I've now tried to watch Tenet three times and I still have no idea wtf is going on. Honestly, I really like it so far but it requires 100% attention and that's a tough sell for me when I'm watching at home.
                            Did you watch it forwards or backwards?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              Did you watch it forwards or backwards?
                              Yes.

Comment

• I consider myself a big Nolan fan but I thought Tenet was just terrible.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X