It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Godzilla vs Kong on HBO Max today. Watched it with the kids, who were anxious to see it. It was surprisingly better than I had thought it would be.
    Yep.

My ten year old Grandson, proclaimed this the best movie he has every seen. Knocking off The Sandlot.

Comment

• i discovered Tubi TV. dropped the ball on that one. selection is Exceelent. it's free don't even have to register watched https://tubitv.com/movies/549345/here-alone

good movie. basically PG except for random nudity. survivalist movie. I get serious about those movies. pandemic. I am thinking there is no way that N95 mask would last that long. movie scared me. obviously zombies are over the top in real pandemic movies. but you're living in a moment where the world will never be the same again.

might want to seriously think about becoming a prepper.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        i discovered Tubi TV. dropped the ball on that one. selection is Exceelent. it's free don't even have to register watched https://tubitv.com/movies/549345/here-alone

good movie. basically PG except for random nudity. survivalist movie. I get serious about those movies. pandemic. I am thinking there is no way that N95 mask would last that long. movie scared me. obviously zombies are over the top in real pandemic movies. but you're living in a moment where the world will never be the same again.

might want to seriously think about becoming a prepper.

I'm preparing to become a prepper.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Something about the format of prank movies just hits me in that special place, and I die laughing. I grew up on Tom Green, and so did Eric Andre. I've loved prank films in the past, including Borat and the Jackass movies.

Bad Trip was very well done. All of the pranks get people buying in, and it's the real life people interacting with the characters that become the stars of the film. The story worked with the pranks really well, I thought.

It's on Netflix. Anybody watch it yet?
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
            It's on Netflix. Anybody watch it yet?
            Yep, watched it last week with the whole family. It was hysterical.

Comment

• Anybody watch Invincible on Amazon Prime? Animated superhero thing from the creator of Walking Dead. Violent and gory. I liked it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefe View Post
                Anybody watch Invincible on Amazon Prime? Animated superhero thing from the creator of Walking Dead. Violent and gory. I liked it.
                The sequence of mass carnage at the end of episode 1 had my jaw on the floor. Pretty shocking gore, but I enjoyed it.

I've only watched the first 2 episodes, but it's really good so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Yep, watched it last week with the whole family. It was hysterical.
                  Would a 10 year old appreciate it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    That's a trick question, lots of 10 year olds don't appreciate anything at all!

Comment

I would have loved it at 10 as much as I loved Eddie Murphy's Delirious. That is to say, absolutely not appropriate for younger children. Lots of graphic sex, violence, language, etc.

For 10 years old, I recommend a lot of Jack Black movies, House With A Clock In Its Walls, Jumanji and its sequel, the Goosebumps movies, and School of Rock are all great for that age. House w/ Clock was my fave.

Comment

• Watched Promising Young Woman last night, rented it on Apple+. It's really good. Great use of music, good aesthetic, predictable at times but some twists here and there.

Comment

My 10 year old loved it.

Comment

• I had Classic movie week last week:

Godfather
                            Night of the Iguana
                            The Strange Love of Martha Ivers (I'm a sucker for Barbara Stanwyck)
                            Les Diaboliques
                            Captain Blood
                            12 Angry Men
                            Paths of Glory
                            The Hound of the Baskervilles (Basil Rathbone)
                            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              I had Classic movie week last week:

Godfather
                              Night of the Iguana
                              The Strange Love of Martha Ivers (I'm a sucker for Barbara Stanwyck)
                              Les Diaboliques
                              Captain Blood
                              12 Angry Men
                              Paths of Glory
                              The Hound of the Baskervilles (Basil Rathbone)
                              Two of my all time favorites are on this list. Two or three (not sure about Paths of Glory) I have not seen.

Comment

• Waiting on the Revo review of Without Remorse... I feel like that's right up your alley.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X