Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Woah, really?

I thought it did a good job in trying to live up to the 1st one, but the 1st movie was much better in my opinion. That's not a knock on Maverick, but Top Gun is great.
    I think Maverick is better just because the aerial scenes are a lot better. The stories are fairly similar. Plus Jennifer Connelly is much hotter than Kelly McGillis was.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Just to weigh in here....Top Gun's plot has more holes than a pool table. I love the movie as eye candy but holy shit that was baaaad writing.

At least this version made a decent amount of sense. Not 100% but a decent amount I guess. My son and I enjoyed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I guess I should watch the first one again. It has been many years since I have. It is not a movie that I have had desire to re-watch.
        We re-watched Top Gun. I think Mrs. Gregg liked it better than me. It was better than I remember it. The cast looked sooo young.

The first time cool action movie. Now a mid 80's period piece for fashion style haircuts, music, and politics. Good movie. I think it makes me appreciate the remake even more.
        Last edited by Gregg; 06-27-2022, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Beavis & Butthead are back! Beavis & Butthead Do the Universe on Paramount Plus is hysterical (this assumes you already think Beavis & Butthead are hysterical).

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Beavis & Butthead are back! Beavis & Butthead Do the Universe on Paramount Plus is hysterical (this assumes you already think Beavis & Butthead are hysterical).
            Thanks for the heads up.

I wouldn't call it "hysterical", but I found it enjoyable throughout. Had me grinning and chuckling but no huge laughs.

I'm so happy they stuck with the same formula and shtick and didn't try to do Beavis and Butthead grown up, or having kids or whatever.

One thing I loved was the use of a kickass Black Sabbath song for the climax.

*uhh... huh-huh-huh... climax...*

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Went to see Jurassic World, and while I liked it (although it follows the same exact plot lines as all the others), my kids didn't like it at all.

Comment

• We went to see NOPE last night...Nope, not excellent. Good but not excellent.

Filmed very well, acting was very good. Just not scary enough.

Comment

• We watched the 1946 film noir Gilda on Saturday night.

Rita Hayworth was stunning. Glenn Ford was excellently creepy. They took dysfunctional to a whole new level. It was much better than I anticipated when we first turned it on.

Definitely Exceelent

Comment

We watched the 1946 film noir Gilda on Saturday night.

Rita Hayworth was stunning. Glenn Ford was excellently creepy. They took dysfunctional to a whole new level. It was much better than I anticipated when we first turned it on.

Definitely Exceelent
                    She's equally stunning in "The Lady From Shanghai", another film noir w a comic twist.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      She's equally stunning in "The Lady From Shanghai", another film noir w a comic twist.
                      Thanks for the tip. We will watch it sometime later this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                        We watched it last night. It was a lot of fun. It was Exceelent!

Comment

• The Oliver Stone documentary "JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass" is incredibly well done. Definitely the best and most informative documentary on the subject. I highly recommend the 4-hour version over the 2-hour version.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            The Oliver Stone documentary "JFK Revisited: Through the Looking Glass" is incredibly well done. Definitely the best and most informative documentary on the subject. I highly recommend the 4-hour version over the 2-hour version.
                            Is the doc about the movie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              Is the doc about the movie?
                              No, it's strictly a documentary about the JFK assassination which includes information that has been discovered and/or declassified over the last 30 years since the original movie. The U.S. government was pressured to release thousands (still thousands more not released) of classified documents due to the public outcry following the 1991 movie. It provides a very comprehensive summary of information gathered from the 30+ years before and the 30 years since the original movie.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

We watched it last night. It was a lot of fun. It was Exceelent!
                                Glad you enjoyed it. I found particularly memorable the scene where Welles' character tells the story about the shark frenzy and the following scene where Grisby offers to pay him to kill him. It's a quirky, dark movie that reminds me of the Coen Brothers style of moviemaking.

Comment

Working...
                                X