Page 206 of 207 FirstFirst ... 106156196204205206207 LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 2061

Thread: It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    No, less than right. That kind of post is verging on obtuse.
    There's always an angle with that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ironfist View Post
    There's always an angle with that guy.
    You're right to some degree. He thinks he's edgy, but he's not. It's a slippery slope though, you start arguing with him and it ends up in a long protracted battle.

Hall of Famer
    No, less than right. That kind of post is verging on obtuse.
    I once told a woman she had acute obtuse and she kicked me right in the abacus.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Steve 2.0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I once told a woman she had acute obtuse and she kicked me right in the abacus.
    Good one!
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    Good one!
    Thank you sir.

Hall of Famer
    Mrs. Gregg and I watched the 2005 American neo-noir movie titled Brick. It stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It is a thriller who done it set in modern times but with the patter/dialog of an updated Phillip Marlow. The crime and solving of it takes place in high school. That patter combined with modern high school gives it a very interesting and fun vibe.

This was the directorial debut for Rian Johnson. He did an outstanding job on the film. Really good way to spend a cold and rainy Monday night.

I watched the new Dr. Strange last night. Didn't really like it much, felt disjointed, bad CGI, bad acting (for anyone with young-ish kids it reminded me of shark boy and lava girl).

Then I see all the reviews were great.

What am I missing? Did I need to watch it through a total MCU fanatic lens to enjoy?

I watched the new Dr. Strange last night. Didn't really like it much, felt disjointed, bad CGI, bad acting (for anyone with young-ish kids it reminded me of shark boy and lava girl).

What am I missing? Did I need to watch it through a total MCU fanatic lens to enjoy?
    Interesting, I'm taking the kids tomorrow.

I thought the just completed Marvel series "Moon Knight" sucked yet it also got great reviews. And my former Marvel editor buddy (and his Marvel editor buddies) also thought it sucked. So who knows?

The trailer looked great so glad you've given me reason to lower expectations.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

I liked it. You definitely need an MCU lens, however. I think someone not familiar with the MCU would have no idea what was going on.