It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post

Yeah, saw it last night and I had to fight to stay awake. So much nonsensical macho bullshit. So many silly weapon upgrade scenes felt dumb (nunchucks and that weird fireworks gun). Hard to take the world seriously when hundreds of characters all wear magic bulletproof suits, and they're holding their sleeves and lapels out as shields.

Some good actors putting on trash accents took me out of it.

I love well-done fight choreography, and the hand-to-hand fighting here is fun, but nowhere near Raid: Redemption or RRR.

Man, someone here needs to check out RRR. It does everything JW4 does so much better. The superhero elements in RRR make you feel pure joy, where JW4 induces eye-rolling. I know I don't have a great reputation on recommendations here, but somebody, c'mon... Give it a 5 or 10 minute rule. No way anybody with good taste shuts it off after the intro.
    Yeah, I didn't get the whole "I'm shooting you at point blank range and nothing's happening" thing until halfway through.

I mean, some of the scenes were really cool. But a few others reminded me of the scene in the old Benny Hill Show of the old guy in a wheelchair plummeting off a cliff and he miraculously gets up, dusts himself off, and goes about his business. The audience literally laughed out loud at a few eye-rolling scenes.

And oh, by the way, it's a nearly 3 HOUR movie.

I'm blaming Sly Stallone and Rambo for this 40-year trend of one indestructible guy beating back a literal army of highly-trained mercenaries without so much as a scratch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

I was afraid of this. The ending of Wick 3 dipped a toe into it.

Loved the first one. Liked the second for a sequel. Third one was ok... to meh. Have to watch the 4th on the big screen. Most likely this weekend after the auctions. No where near as excited bout this one as I was for the 3rd one (before I saw it). Forum
      Mrs. Gregg and I are going to see Wick 4 today. In looking up movie times I saw it is 2 hours and 49 minutes! Wow. I am tempted to watch Dungeons and Dragos instead (2hours 14 mins).

Comment

• How are there going to be 4 Oscar winners in the upcoming F&F X movie!??!
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• How much money has been spent to save Matt Damon?
          How Much Money Has Been Spent Rescuing Matt Damon? (msn.com)

lots of exposition in the article, but the prices quoted are:

Courage Under Fire: $672,000
          Saving Private Ryan: $1.8
          Syriana and Green Zone: $7.8 million, each
          The Martian: $2.5 billion
          Interstellar: $635 billion

"In just six movies, $638 billion has been spent rescuing Matt Damon. While that’s an eye-popping number to have spent on saving one man, the number spent in reality to make all of these films is also incredible at a cumulative budget total of $539 million. Yet, the public can’t get enough of Damon as the damsel in distress, with the films bringing in $1.8 billion at the worldwide box office.

It’s been a few years since Matt Damon has had to be rescued, with the most recent of this highly-specific genre, The Martian, arriving in 2015. The movie-going public is due another film rescuing Damon, perhaps this time from a boat, off of a deserted island, or following a plane crash."

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Sound of Freedom Excellent movie, hard to watch glad I went. Mrs. Gregg and I went on July 4th.

Today I went with a friend of ours who wanted to see it. She was a victim of this heinous crime on children.

Comment

Sound of Freedom Excellent movie, hard to watch glad I went. Mrs. Gregg and I went on July 4th.

Today I went with a friend of ours who wanted to see it. She was a victim of this heinous crime on children.
              It might be a good movie, but QAnon huckster Jim Caviezel is on my Do Not Watch list, sorry.

Comment

Sound of Freedom Excellent movie, hard to watch glad I went. Mrs. Gregg and I went on July 4th.

Did you buy a ticket at the box office? or was it gifted? or did you buy someone else a ticket?
                There have been reports of inflated ticket sales through churches and unknown groups.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post

Did you buy a ticket at the box office? or was it gifted? or did you buy someone else a ticket?
                  There have been reports of inflated ticket sales through churches and unknown groups.
                  Bought our own. Did not gift any. But I did buy our friend lunch.

Comment

Working...
                  X