Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Baseball Trivia

Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    so I was driving across the country the past couple of weeks & brought along a few classic ball game radio broadcasts (link here) - a comment in one world series game (paraphrasing) - "this is the second game in a row that they've pitched three 20 game winners from that same season ... wonder if that has ever happened before" . Should be pretty obvious who it was, I just found it interesting.
    The 1971 Orioles?

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    The 1971 Orioles?
    Some Atlanta Braves team from 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Some Atlanta Braves team from 90s?
    Braves was my first thought too but I dont think they ever had 3 in the same season. Although I'm not 100% clear on what the question was. "The second game in a row that they've pitched three 20 game winners"

Were those 20 game winners from the same team and both "current" year? Was it 3 in BOTH games so 6 total?

If we can mix and match I'm guessing the Braves had some games with Smoltz closing where another former 20 game winner was brought in for relief as well.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Masher View Post
    Respect--your kid is tough. One underhanded light toss hit my 6 year old ended his baseball career. He got lightly plunked in the chest in his first game and proceeded to swing late and two steps out of the batters box with his eyes closed the rest of the season, and all the equipment now waits for his little brother to try it out.
    I think he likes when he gets the round of applause after collecting himself. So far we have the ankle, arm and back that have been hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Braves was my first thought too but I dont think they ever had 3 in the same season. Although I'm not 100% clear on what the question was. "The second game in a row that they've pitched three 20 game winners"

Were those 20 game winners from the same team and both "current" year? Was it 3 in BOTH games so 6 total?

If we can mix and match I'm guessing the Braves had some games with Smoltz closing where another former 20 game winner was brought in for relief as well.
    20 game winners from the same team and both current year, yes. but a couple pitched in both games (ie out of the bullpen).

Spoiler!

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid harmon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    20 game winners from the same team and both current year, yes. but a couple pitched in both games (ie out of the bullpen).

Spoiler!
    Surprised both starters didn't have 135 pitch CG.

Who is the only 4x batting champion not in the Hall of Fame?

My first thought was Pete Rose but that feels too obvious

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid pitbull's Avatar
    I thought of two Tony Olivia but I think he is going into the HOF this year. Bill Madlock is the other one.

Both Oliva & Rose are 3x batting champs. But Pitbull nailed it ó.itís Bill Madlock!