Baseball Trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Heard this one on the Pirates radio broadcast when they were playing the Braves:

Which future HOF player did Braves pitcher Will Smith give up a home run to in a high school game?
    Probably a pitcher. Trying to think of a Pirates or Braves connection. Gerrit Cole?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      Probably a pitcher. Trying to think of a Pirates or Braves connection. Gerrit Cole?
      The player is now retired and in the Hall of Fame.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Heard this one on the Pirates radio broadcast when they were playing the Braves:

Which future HOF player did Braves pitcher Will Smith give up a home run to in a high school game?
        This has to be a trick question, as Will Smith is 33 or 34 which means he was probably in HS from 2004-2008, and I *think* the youngest HOFer is Roy Halladay, who was already a pro by then.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          This has to be a trick question, as Will Smith is 33 or 34 which means he was probably in HS from 2004-2008, and I *think* the youngest HOFer is Roy Halladay, who was already a pro by then.
          Correct. The Hall of Fame player is from another sport.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

LOL, I give up. Shaun White?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              LOL, I give up. Shaun White?
              Lol. I assume it is a football player.

Comment

Can you tell us the sport?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                  Can you tell us the sport?
                  Football.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Calvin Johnson retired young and he's from Georgia like Smith. That's my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Calvin Johnson retired young and he's from Georgia like Smith. That's my guess.
                      Winner! It was Megatron who homered off of Will Smith in a high school game. Looking at their 4 year age difference, Johnson was probably a senior when Smith was a freshman.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X