No announcement yet.

*Official Triple Crown Thread*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Kentucky Derby winner Animal Kingdom makes the final start of his illustrious career tomorrow in the Queen Anne at Royal Ascot, and he will try to become the first thoroughbred to win a Gr. I race on a 3rd different surface in a 3rd different country (he would've also been the 1st ever to win on 4, but he finished 2nd in the BC Mile on the turf in '12). He's the first Ky Derby winner to race at Royal Ascot since Omaha in 1935.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      2011 Kentucky Derby winner Animal Kingdom makes the final start of his illustrious career tomorrow in the Queen Anne at Royal Ascot, and he will try to become the first thoroughbred to win a Gr. I race on a 3rd different surface in a 3rd different country (he would've also been the 1st ever to win on 4, but he finished 2nd in the BC Mile on the turf in '12). He's the first Ky Derby winner to race at Royal Ascot since Omaha in 1935.
      Declaration of War pulls the minor upset in the Queen Anne, as Animal Kingdom finishes 11th in the final start of his career.

Comment

• This season has been a real let down after last year. There were so many stories last year, and so far the biggest story this season has been the doping scandal.

Comment

• Medina Spirit moved one step closer to becoming only the 2nd horse ever to be disqualified for a medical reason from a Kentucky Derby win when the split sample came back positive for betamethasone.

Comment

Medina Spirit moved one step closer to becoming only the 2nd horse ever to be disqualified for a medical reason from a Kentucky Derby win when the split sample came back positive for betamethasone.
            Damn horses and their meth.
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Medina Spirit moved one step closer to becoming only the 2nd horse ever to be disqualified for a medical reason from a Kentucky Derby win when the split sample came back positive for betamethasone.
              Nine months after the race, and three months after Medina Spirit died, he was officially DQ'd from the 2021 Kentucky Derby and placed last. Mandaloun is now the official winner.

Comment

Nine months after the race, and three months after Medina Spirit died, he was officially DQ'd from the 2021 Kentucky Derby and placed last. Mandaloun is now the official winner.
                Nine months? WTH?
                “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                  Nine months? WTH?
                  They wanted to wait until after he died so he wouldn’t feel so bad about it

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    They wanted to wait until after he died so he wouldn’t feel so bad about it
                    LOL. No idea why it took so long, but he becomes the 3rd winner to be DQ’d, and second in the last 3 years.

Comment

So you actually CAN beat a dead horse...
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X