Obama and Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    This is like claiming the Titanic was a success because the lifeboats worked really well.
    I mean, I didn't think it needed to be said (yet again), but obviously the 20 year clusterfuck that was the Afghanistan war was most certainly catastrophic.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Not really seeing the analogy. It's more like discussing whether the guy who was responsible for the lifeboats sunk the ship.
      Originally posted by The Feral Slasher
      this doesn't seem right. Biden had no part in the Titanic sinking (unless you want to claim he did as part of Obama Admin). His only part was working the lifeboats. Can't blame him for hitting an iceberg.
      God, you two. Get a room.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        well to be fair it was kinda obvious...
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Ken can pick up Mandy and we'll drop by !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• on another site I just saw a picture from Sean Hannity...apparently he is promoting the idea that every single piece of equipment that we sent to Afghanistan in the last 20 years is now working and in the hands of the Taliban. He and Marco Rubio noting how we left the Taliban a complete Air Force, warning that this will plague us for decades. We left 208 aircraft ! Just wait until they are bombing NYC ! Oh...and vaccines have microchips !

EDIT - I think the link below lays out the equipment. I'm sure it's all been closely guarded and in good working order the last 20 years. Any force that had this equipment would clearly be formidable....

EDIT 2 - https://hannity.com/media-room/us-as...-200-aircraft/
            Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 08-25-2021, 08:25 PM.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• OMG, the Taliban just announced they are going to give $10k bounties to random crazies who turn in any woman who has had an abortion!

j/k - that was Texas

Comment

• All US service members have been airlifted out of Afghanistan and thus ends the US involvement in the longest war in our country's history.

Comment

• After excoriating President Biden for not doing more to support our Afghan allies, Senate Republicans, every single one of them in favor, tried to push through a bill that would cut off aid to Afghan allies and refugees. The bill failed along party lines.

Comment

After excoriating President Biden for not doing more to support our Afghan allies, Senate Republicans, every single one of them in favor, tried to push through a bill that would cut off aid to Afghan allies and refugees. The bill failed along party lines.
                    Link?
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Graz!
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Relatedly, perhaps, the Democratic half of the Senate represents more than 41 million more Americans than does the Republican half.

Comment

Working...
                          X