No announcement yet.

Football In Memoriam thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Bucs & Chargers All-Pro WR Vincent Jackson was found dead in a Florida hotel room. He was 38. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Former Bucs & Chargers All-Pro WR Vincent Jackson was found dead in a Florida hotel room. He was 38. RIP.
      Wow so young.

Comment

• Former Pro Bowl DB and revolutionary broadcaster for “The NFL Today” Irv Cross died at age 81. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Former DB and broadcaster for “The NFL Today” Irv Cross died at age 81. RIP.
          Irv was the best. My memory is bad but I think he was with Brent Musberger and Phyllis George.
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
            Irv was the best. My memory is bad but I think he was with Brent Musberger and Phyllis George.
            And Jimmy the Greek.

Comment

• Damn, only Brent Musberger remains.....

Comment

• Doug Wilkerson, a 3-time Pro Bowl offensive lineman for the San Diego Chargers from 1970-1984, died at age 73. RIP.

Louis Nix, a DT from Notre Dame who was a 3rd rd pick of the Texans in 2014, was found drowned in his car at the bottom of a pond. He was 29. RIP.

Comment

• Legendary college football coach Howard Schnellenberger, who led Miami from a floundering program about to be terminated to a dynasty, died at age 87. RIP.

Comment

• Mike Sensibaugh, a safety for the Chiefs and Cardinals from 1971-1978, died at age 72. RIP.

Comment

• Gerald Irons, a linebacker with the Raiders & Browns from 1970-1979, and later a senior executive with the Howard Hughes Corp., died at age 73. RIP.

Comment

• Leroy Keyes, a RB/DB who was the Blogs overall pick of the 1969 draft and one of the best RBs in Purdue history, died at age 74. RIP.

Comment

• Geno Hayes, a linebacker for the Bucs, Bears & Jags from 2008-2014, died from liver disease at just age 33. RIP.

Comment

• Colt Brennan, a QB for the Washington Redskins & Oakland Raiders but never played a regular season snap for them, but was a prodigious college passer at U of Hawaii and holds nearly all their passing records, died in a rehab facility at age 37. RIP.

Comment

• Former Viking Coach Jerry Burns dies today at the age of 94...a great guy who was truly salt of the earth. Good players were all "Big Knockers"...he was a hoot.

He had one of the greatest post game rants ever, it's almost 5 minutes long, but well worth the watch. RIP Burnsie...

https://youtu.be/SNcBFZ26lcI
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Eugene Marve, a linebacker for the Bills, Bucs & Chargers over an 11-year career spanning from 1982-1992, died at age 60. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X