2K12: Alexi Ogando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K12: Alexi Ogando

He was my favorite pickup last year. I grabbed him early, hoping for saves, then had a useful, and occasionally brilliant, SP all year.

This year his value is based almost entirely on his role. In post season, he went back to the bullpen, and dominated for most of the run. Now the rotation has Yu Darvish and former closer Neftali Feliz, while losing CJ Wilson. Will this puch Ogando back to the Pen? There seems to already be 5 names: Feliz, Darvish, Holland, Lewis, Harrison.

The Pen is also crowded, this time with old men of some accomplishemnt: Nathan, Adams, Uehara. Add Feldman and Taleyama. Since he is not a LOOGy Ogando seems redundant here as well.

As shown by his October ERA of 1.54, Alexi Ogando has the stuff. He is only 28, and has the heat everyone looks for. What is is his role going to be?

Bill James: 27 GS, 150 IP, 3.06 ERA, 124 K, 1.13 WHIP

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

The bullpen is stacked, but the Rangers are shopping Uehara which would at least clear a 7th/8th inning spot for Ogando. I believe they are more committed to Feliz in the rotation at this point and will probably go into ST with the plan of Ogando being in the 'pen and Feliz in the rotation. If things change early in ST they might make a switch. I think Ogando's arsenal is probably more suited to the bullpen, but that doesn't mean Feliz can make the adjustment to force him there.

Comment

I would guess that Harrison has a better chance of ending up in the bullpen than Feliz since they don't have a lefty in the pen.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        I would guess that Harrison has a better chance of ending up in the bullpen than Feliz since they don't have a lefty in the pen.
        True. But on an interview on MLBN, Harrison made it sound as if he'd ask out of Texas if they chose to move him back to the bullpen.

Comment

Harrison and Feldmann are both possible trade bait, not to mention Ogando himself. Of course, injuries happen. In can see Ogando being in the rotation, in the Pen, or even the closer.

It plays hob with his value projections though. Unless you have a league with Holds, you cannot count on anything.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
            True. But on an interview on MLBN, Harrison made it sound as if he'd ask out of Texas if they chose to move him back to the bullpen.
            considering he's not a free agent until 2015, he has zero leverage when it comes to decisions like this. Let's see how happy his teammates will be this 25-year old with 3 1/2 major league seasons when he decides to pull an Operation: Shutdown.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              considering he's not a free agent until 2015, he has zero leverage when it comes to decisions like this. Let's see how happy his teammates will be this 25-year old with 3 1/2 major league seasons when he decides to pull an Operation: Shutdown.
              Ah, Operation Shutdown, worst plan ever.

But true, no leverage. Although that probably wouldn't stop him from requesting a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                Ah, Operation Shutdown, worst plan ever.

But true, no leverage. Although that probably wouldn't stop him from requesting a trade.
                That was Derek Bell, no?

I'm sure he could request a trade, then next thing he'll know Nolan Ryan will have him in a headlock giving him noogies.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  They do have Kirkman and Beimel, but hard to believe that those two would be regarded as sufficient. Mike Gonzalez is still available, but Texas appears content to let him walk. Could the answer be Martin Perez (used similarly to Vizcaino for the Braves)?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    That was Derek Bell, no?

I'm sure he could request a trade, then next thing he'll know Nolan Ryan will have him in a headlock giving him noogies.
                    Yep, Derek Bell. Was he ever heard from again?

And yeah, Nolan Ryan would probably kick his ass for asking.

Comment

Working...
                    X