• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share your interesting baseball reads here

Here's one I found today on sabermetric research

RA Dickey & Kevin Slowey to climb Mount Kilimanjaro:

Comment

I enjoyed Uppity by Bill White. Fascinating man.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

If you haven't read Jonah Keri's book ("The Extra 2%"), I highly recommend it. Jason, I'm confident you've done that (since you're referenced). But still... excellent read and a really good guy.

Comment

Here's a really good Pete Rose interview by David Brown that i read on Yahoo. Never knew that actor Paul Giamatti was the son of former MLB Commissioner Bart Giamatti.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big...p27466&print=1
          Last edited by madducks; 11-27-2011, 06:21 PM.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
            If you haven't read Jonah Keri's book ("The Extra 2%"), I highly recommend it. Jason, I'm confident you've done that (since you're referenced). But still... excellent read and a really good guy.
            Yep - we talked throughout his writing of the book

Comment

A stack I've created http://delicious.com/stacks/view/Q7jWGm

Comment

Top ten most memorable moments of Pedro Martinez's career per Yahoo's Big League Stew.

Guess what #10 is?
                link
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Another "Players Who Should Be In The HOF" List

Can't say I agree with some of the "yes" votes-

Fan easier, fan faster and fan better with Bleacher Report. Keep up with the latest storylines, expert analysis, highlights and scores for all your favorite sports.

Comment

2011 AL pitchers - bargains & busts http://rotothinktank.blogspot.com/20...-pitchers.html

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                      2011 AL pitchers - bargains & busts http://rotothinktank.blogspot.com/20...-pitchers.html
                      Interesting read. I disagree completely with their conclusions. Given the resources we have on this board - Paul's and Bodz's tiers, strong individual reviews of most SPs and RPs available with comments, I've been able to put together quality pitching staffs in my main auction league for between $60-70 for two years running. I haven't had a SP that's cost me more than $12 in either of those two years.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I know these guys - having dinner with them tomorrow night in Norristown area. I'm sure we'll be discussing because I've never spent more than $72 on pitching

Comment

I know these guys - having dinner with them tomorrow night in Norristown area. I'm sure we'll be discussing because I've never spent more than $72 on pitching
                          Norristown, PA?

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
                            Norristown, PA?
                            Yep -- working with the school district there on Tuesday. We're meeting up at Flanigan's Boathouse in Conshohocken if anyone is in the area and wants to join us.

Also, looking at his NL Tout draft, he took Lincecum, Johnson, and Ubaldo last season as his big 3. Ouch

Comment

Yep -- working with the school district there on Tuesday. We're meeting up at Flanigan's Boathouse in Conshohocken if anyone is in the area and wants to join us.

Also, looking at his NL Tout draft, he took Lincecum, Johnson, and Ubaldo last season as his big 3. Ouch
                              Definitely let me know next time you're in the area. Boathouse is a good spot. Haven't been there in a while, but they used to have excellent wings.

Comment

Working...
                              X