No announcement yet.

Who wants to draft a DC team as a team?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to draft a DC team as a team?

Hey everyone. Now that the SeaDog draft is winding down and we got our feet wet, Ken and I are game to resurrect the old "group drafted" draft champions team here on RJ. This would be a DC team that we draft whatever player we come to a consensus on each round.

The object is less about winning the league and more about getting a chance to dig deeper into players at every level (top players, mid level, deep, dart throws, prospects, all of it). It is very valuable as not only does it give you a chance to see how other fantasy managers feel about other players, but it gives you a chance to "stump" for guys and really dig into the why of taking a certain player (if you want to convince your fellow drafters).

In the past, we have used a slack channel for discussion and figuring out a pick. I think that works best, but we can also use the RJ board to bring more people into the conversation and keep the board active. As far as in-season moves, most people just check out after the draft so I will volunteer to just handle it.

If you are interested, please chime in below. I already have a DC team purchased and I can add you as a manager and jump into the next 4-hour slow draft. You can venmo me the league fee (we will split it evenly among however many people we get). If the team somehow wins any money, it will be split equally, but feel free to tip the guy doing all the roster moves in season

I'm interested.
    I currently don't have a slack account. Is it better via an app or can I use it via web browser?

Comment

Originally posted by the heat View Post
      I'm interested. I currently don't have a slack account. Is it better via an app or can I use it via web browser?
      Both work great.

Comment

LOL - you all signed up for my current DC league. Better not snipe me!!

Comment

I believe you signed up for OUR league sir. And yes, we are going to snipe the shit out of you!

Comment

Well we're close enough in the draft order (10th vs. your 14th) that its bound to happen! I love DCs so this is #3 for me and we'll see if it stops at 4 or 5.

Don't love drafting at the 10th spot so TBD which direction I'll go this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
              LOL - you all signed up for my current DC league. Better not snipe me!!
              Are you sure you didn't sign up for OUR current DC league?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Are you sure you didn't sign up for OUR current DC league?
                When I registered there was no group of 5 owners as that would have been a dead giveaway (I always look at the owners when I sign up to see if there is anyone I know as well as everyone's badges). But had I seen you all I still would have joined as this should be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                  When I registered there was no group of 5 owners as that would have been a dead giveaway (I always look at the owners when I sign up to see if there is anyone I know as well as everyone's badges). But had I seen you all I still would have joined as this should be fun!
                  We were all added today, I think we were 3rd in the queue - it was just Pauly at that point.

Comment

Gotcha - didn't recognize the name then. Ok, so then "I" had the audacity to join your league sir

Comment

If you guys are interested we can post the group's squad here. We had one of the last KDS choices and drew one of our middle choices, the 14 hole. Vlad fell to us in the first round and Machado was there for us after the turn. Stay tuned!

Comment

Who's start is better so far?

RJ Team- Vlad/Manny/Jazz/Shane Mac
                        Big Tymer - Soto/Riley/Mullins/Verlander

I actually like both teams. Big Tymer has 2 OF already which I wish we had as well.

Comment

Thanks Ken - very comparable builds thus far. I debated JV vs another position in the 4th though sensed a Pitcher run and thankfully did as we are at 10 of last 11 picks for Pitchers. I also considered Jazz where I took Mullins as his 2B/OF will be nice. Great start to your draft imo!

Comment

The closer frenzy is out of control in this draft!
                            rd 2: Diaz, Clase, Hader
                            rd. 3: Romano, Helsley
                            rd. 4: Williams Pressly (likely one or 2 more)

Comment

11 straight pitchers now - longest run I think I’ve seen…
                              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                              X