X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arraez traded to Miami

For Pablo Lopez and 2 prospects

<p>
    Who is the second prospect? I only see Jose Salas, a MI who was Miami&#39;s 4th or 5th best prospect. I love this deal for Miami. Lopez even when he finally made it thru a season healthy was not very good after April last year. There isnt a single hitter in the Miami lineup who could put ball on bat and actually get on base consistently. This is totally worth it.</p>
    <p>
    ETA - second prospect is 17-year-old Byron Chourio</p>
    <div>
    &nbsp;</div>
    Last edited by Pauly; 01-20-2023, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Should open the door for 1B starting job to Kirilloff.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
        I really hope so.

Comment

Kim Ng just said in the press conference that Arraez will play 2B and they are going to try Jazz in CF. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            until he gets hurt again

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
              Kim Ng just said in the press conference that Arraez will play 2B and they are going to try Jazz in CF. Wow.
              They traded for a moderately good 2B to move their franchise position player to CF?
              2021 Auction Anatomy
              2021 Keeper Decisions
              2020 Auction Anatomy
              2020 Pre-Auction
              2015 Auction Anatomy
              2014 Auction Anatomy
              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                They traded for a moderately good 2B to move their franchise position player to CF?

They traded from a perceived position of strength to acquire the type of bat they want, and then figured out how to get it in their lineup.
                One can question targeting an Arraez type bat, but moving Chisholm was the effect, not cause.
                Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post

Arraez get hurt, a lot, ans shifting him to 1st was one way to mitigate the risk. Playing him at 2nd might not be the best idea, but we'll see. He's a slappy, but man, he can handle the bat like a wand. Nice guy too, I wish him nothing but the best.
                  And getting a middle of the rotation starter is always good thing...maybe they'll go with a 6 man rotation to easy the risk.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
                    They traded from a perceived position of strength to acquire the type of bat they want, and then figured out how to get it in their lineup.
                    One can question targeting an Arraez type bat, but moving Chisholm was the effect, not cause.
                    I phrased it wrong. I didn’t think they acquired him in order to move Chisolm, but instead I find it bothersome that they would acquire a lesser player which resulted in them changing the position of a more valuable player.
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

<p>
                      Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                      I phrased it wrong. I didn&rsquo;t think they acquired him in order to move Chisolm, but instead I find it bothersome that they would acquire a lesser player which resulted in them changing the position of a more valuable player.
                      </p>
                      <p>
                      Changing positions for your franchise player seems bad on the surface, but moving him from one of the least demanding positions (2B) to one of the most demanding (CF) is a huge boost to his value to the club. At the very least, his speed should allow him to make up for the areas he&#39;s still learning. I like the move.</p>
                      <p>
                      &nbsp;</p>
                      <p>
                      I think the deal shows exactly how devalued bat-first players are if they&#39;re negative value defenders. Arraez is such a weird profile, fitting best defensively at 1B, but lacking 1B thump. He&#39;s like a modern day John Olerud.</p>
                      <p>
                      &nbsp;</p>
                      <p>
                      I would also be leery of Lopez&#39; splits. He was pretty bad after starting insanely hot. Tough to know which one is the real deal.</p>
                      Last edited by Teenwolf; 01-21-2023, 08:46 PM. Reason: Formatting is trash right now, wow
                      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I'm sure everyone has seen the quote by Chisholm that it was his idea to move to CF if they couldn't find someone to do it. So this was their franchise player saying I'll do whatever the organization needs from me. You have to love that if that's your team.
                        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Those are good points TW and Bucky…provided Chisolm becomes a decent CF in spring training AND the focus on the switch does not hurt his offensive development.

While I do appreciate his mindset, I would rather see the GM do the work. For all the players’ sacrifice and commitment to the team’s needs, teams will drop/move them in a heartbeat if the performance/salary/circumstances are not what the team wants…ESPECIALLY THE MARLINS!!!
                          2021 Auction Anatomy
                          2021 Keeper Decisions
                          2020 Auction Anatomy
                          2020 Pre-Auction
                          2015 Auction Anatomy
                          2014 Auction Anatomy
                          2011 Auction Anatomy

Comment

I am surprised by the deal. It seems like the Marlins gave more on their side, but I may be undervaluing the real world value of Arreaz, who I see as a poor defender at 2b and a slap hitter, albeit a great one. I like it from the Twins side, as it seems to be a better fit for them and a better value. I guess we will see if Jazz thrives in CF.

Comment

Working...
                            X