Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What baseball sites are worth subscribing to ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    BA has great prospect info and has for years I don't find it very helpful overall for fantasy baseball. Fangraphs has much more valuable info for fantasy baseball from my perspective. As you note it is free...but I figured I would subscribe and support that site instead of maintaining my BA subscription. Both are great sources of info, I never paid for fangraphs so I decided I would this year.
    If you are into dynasty, it doesn't get any better than Rotowire's James Anderson.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
      If you are into dynasty, it doesn't get any better than Rotowire's James Anderson.
      I just listened to his latest podcast about his latest Dynasty Prospect list. He is amazing! The list is subscriber only but the podcast is free.

Comment

Good to hear...just signed up for rotowire today
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

BA has great prospect info and has for years I don't find it very helpful overall for fantasy baseball. Fangraphs has much more valuable info for fantasy baseball from my perspective. As you note it is free...but I figured I would subscribe and support that site instead of maintaining my BA subscription. Both are great sources of info, I never paid for fangraphs so I decided I would this year.
          Good for you. If more people did this, maybe poor Eric Longenhagen could get some help doing their prospect stuff.

Comment

I have issues and so too many subscriptions: BaseballHQ, Baseball America, Baseball Prospectus, The Athletic, pay for Fan Graphs to avoid ads. Think I’m missing some.

Agree on comments related to Baseball America and HQ in particular. Been paying for Baseball HQ (which gets you cheaper RotoLab) for well over 10 years. Had Ray Murphy in my Draft Champions a few weeks back and thought that was pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              You are welcome.
              Says someone who provided no input…

got all the baseball info, i just need some advice on pillows and chicken sandwiches
              On those things, he’ll provide plenty of input…
              2021 Auction Anatomy
              2021 Keeper Decisions
              2020 Auction Anatomy
              2020 Pre-Auction
              2015 Auction Anatomy
              2014 Auction Anatomy
              2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
              RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

I'm exactly opposite. I've never drafted using rotolab or any other s/w, and a bit concerned if i try it out it will distract me or screw up my draft.

would definitely suggest doing some practice runs and mock drafts with things. It's a powerful tool and truly a wonderful thing once you get comfortable with it. Happy to connect 1:1 to help if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                  Says someone who provided no input…
                  Tut tut, some might say by not providing any input, I was giving the greatest gift of all.

Comment

What about baseball DFS?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      What about baseball DFS?

Rotogrinders?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Rotogrinders?
                        Yeah, I'm trying to find a site that doesn't cost $100/mo, lol. I just bought SaberSim to try out (which is $90/month), so far so good, but they're purely an projection optimizer. I wouldn't mind one with articles and strategy as well.

Comment

Yeah, I'm trying to find a site that doesn't cost $100/mo, lol. I just bought SaberSim to try out (which is $90/month), so far so good, but they're purely an projection optimizer. I wouldn't mind one with articles and strategy as well.
                          Rotowire has an optimizer and DFS pieces, dedicated per site.
                          I have not subscribed to any of the pay sites. There are good people at every one. If I had the inclication and had to choose one, it would likely be Rotogrinders, if only to read Dave Potts. I use some of the Rotogrinders free stuff.
                          FWIW -- During the season I post daily projections for batters and pitchers with their FanDuel and DraftKings prices. I try to update after lineups are announced, but I can't promise it. There are no optimizers, just a sortable table which can be downloaded into Excel. The daily info works for DFS and traditional leagues with daily moves.

Comment

Rotowire has an optimizer and DFS pieces, dedicated per site.
                            I have not subscribed to any of the pay sites. There are good people at every one. If I had the inclication and had to choose one, it would likely be Rotogrinders, if only to read Dave Potts. I use some of the Rotogrinders free stuff.
                            FWIW -- During the season I post daily projections for batters and pitchers with their FanDuel and DraftKings prices. I try to update after lineups are announced, but I can't promise it. There are no optimizers, just a sortable table which can be downloaded into Excel. The daily info works for DFS and traditional leagues with daily moves.
                            Appreciate the info. Optimizers are the key piece, because projections are readily available on many sites. Also, knowing which games will provide the "key" matchups, because in baseball DFS you need to stack lineups, pretty much in order.

Comment

Appreciate the info. Optimizers are the key piece, because projections are readily available on many sites. Also, knowing which games will provide the "key" matchups, because in baseball DFS you need to stack lineups, pretty much in order.
                              For GPP, sure. Not so much for cash game play. Cash is all about nailing the pitching and filling in with strong individual matchups.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post

would definitely suggest doing some practice runs and mock drafts with things. It's a powerful tool and truly a wonderful thing once you get comfortable with it. Happy to connect 1:1 to help if needed.
                                So, I'm trying to figure out how to load league keepers into the Rotowire draft software (uploading data from league...i figured out how to do it manually, but that is a chore). I loaded the league for projected standings, but can't see how to load them into the draft software. Anyone know how to do this?
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X