Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What baseball sites are worth subscribing to ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What baseball sites are worth subscribing to ?

I've been thinking about what sites to subscribe to for fantasy baseball info. I have Mastersball and the Athletic (plus MLBtv) Just cancelled my baseball America for this year. In general I think I get enough info from what I have, but I use fangraphs frequently and feel like I should move my BA money to them to support that site. I think there may be a guy or two from here on Rotowire, so might try to support that as well.

There is also draft s/w that a lot of people seem to use, can't remember what that is...anyway, what recommendations do folks have for good info and supporting the RJ community ?
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Rotowire
    Mastersball
    FTN Fantasy for the work Vlad Sedler leads there
    Razzball has great stuff too

Comment

The draft software is likely Rotolab, which is independent of, but highly tied to BaseballHQ. That is, Rotolab uses BaseballHQ projections.
      Rotowire has draft software, as does The Fantistics.
      Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Thanks for the info !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
          The draft software is likely Rotolab, which is independent of, but highly tied to BaseballHQ. That is, Rotolab uses BaseballHQ projections.
          Rotowire has draft software, as does The Fantistics.
          Ken also has draft software but no one but Ken and his league mates use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Ken also has draft software but no one but Ken and his league mates use it.
            so how would one acquire this Ken software
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              so how would one acquire this Ken software
              If you are actually "Ken"

ha ha, had to add some drama to the thread
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I'm going to have the shakes this year because I don't have a PC to use to install rotolab and my macbook is from work and I don't have admin rights to it. My only other device is a chromebook, so I'll have to adjust this year. My old PC finally died

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  I'm going to have the shakes this year because I don't have a PC to use to install rotolab and my macbook is from work and I don't have admin rights to it. My only other device is a chromebook, so I'll have to adjust this year. My old PC finally died
                  I'm exactly opposite. I've never drafted using rotolab or any other s/w, and a bit concerned if i try it out it will distract me or screw up my draft.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I've tried Baseball HQ, now I just get the Baseball HQ Forecaster.

Fangraphs is very annoying with all the ads. I downloaded Steamer Projections when they first came out in November now downloads seem to be for members only, which I'm not. Members subscriptions are ad free though.

I've considered Razzball but the site won't even load on my MacBook.

Comment

I'm having trouble posting...so I guess I'll say supporting this site is worthwhile so we can hopefully fix the log on/posting issues and enjoy what has been a great website for years. Fangraphs has a lot of ads, which is fine, can't complain about free beer, so i just subscribed. Also giving Rotowire a one year subsciption. Thanks to all for the input
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Thanks to all for the input
                        You are welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                          You are welcome.
                          got all the baseball info, i just need some advice on pillows and chicken sandwiches
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

IMHO, the best baseball site to subscribe to is Baseball America, hands down. They have never ceased to amaze me over the years w their coverage of prospects and the minors. And in recent years they've been getting more into Fantasy and Dynasty baseball. They are the only baseball site I've ever been subscribed to.

That said, the sites I most often wish I was subscribed to are Baseball Prospectus, ESPN and The Athletic. Fangraphs is great, too, but so much of their content is free I feel I dont need to subscribe to them.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              IMHO, the best baseball site to subscribe to is Baseball America, hands down. They have never ceased to amaze me over the years w their coverage of prospects and the minors. And in recent years they've been getting more into Fantasy and Dynasty baseball. They are the only baseball site I've ever been subscribed to.

That said, the sites I most often wish I was subscribed to are Baseball Prospectus, ESPN and The Athletic. Fangraphs is great, too, but so much of their content is free I feel I dont need to subscribe to them.
                              BA has great prospect info and has for years I don't find it very helpful overall for fantasy baseball. Fangraphs has much more valuable info for fantasy baseball from my perspective. As you note it is free...but I figured I would subscribe and support that site instead of maintaining my BA subscription. Both are great sources of info, I never paid for fangraphs so I decided I would this year.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X