SeaDogStat Memorial League picks and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SeaDogStat Memorial League picks and discussion

I'm picking 14th in the concurrent First Pitch Arizona Speakers Draft, so fourth here will be a nice contrast.

Here is a link to a Google Doc where I will track the league. Gratuitous plug alert: This is available with a Mastersball subscription. You get a link to your own template.

SeaDogStat - Google Sheets
    Last edited by Todd Zola; 01-18-2023, 09:52 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

I somehow ended up with the 8th pick in both leagues, and have taken Ohtani to begin both.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
      I somehow ended up with the 8th pick in both leagues, and have taken Ohtani to begin both.
      It will be interesting to see how you diverge based on the rooms, and/or your desire to change things up. I'm not sure how much of a blueprint the FPAZ draft is, since the group really doesn't follow the ADP, at least not as much as a typical NFBC draft.

Comment

Was hoping for Burnes and Cole at the turn. Oh well, I'll have to live with one out of two.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          Was hoping for Burnes and Cole at the turn. Oh well, I'll have to live with one out of two.
          I thought you migt do a double tap, which is why I took Burnes as my 1st pick. However you returned the favor by taking Freeman away from me. I went back and forth over the order of my 1st pitcher, and I guess I got lucky...
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            I thought you migt do a double tap, which is why I took Burnes as my 1st pick. However you returned the favor by taking Freeman away from me. I went back and forth over the order of my 1st pitcher, and I guess I got lucky...
            You made the right move. Freeman is a very nice consolation prize for me so I'll be alright.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Zola View Post
              It will be interesting to see how you diverge based on the rooms, and/or your desire to change things up. I'm not sure how much of a blueprint the FPAZ draft is, since the group really doesn't follow the ADP, at least not as much as a typical NFBC draft.
              Right - I have been tracking what I wanted vs what I ended up with in the FPAZ one to see how that aligns with what I attempt here. Through 5 rounds, I have rostered 2 of 5 intended targets

Comment

This is a HR/RBI only league right?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  This is a HR/RBI only league right?
                  With one catcher and pitching points count triple.

Comment

This spot stinks (9 and 22)…I wanted either Alonso, Harris or Riley with my next pick and all three went right before my turn. So I will add a ton of risk, knowing Tatis will miss the first 20 games and he is recovering from two offseason surgeries. Probably not the smartest move, but hey…I want to have some fun with this process.
                    2021 Auction Anatomy
                    2021 Keeper Decisions
                    2020 Auction Anatomy
                    2020 Pre-Auction
                    2015 Auction Anatomy
                    2014 Auction Anatomy
                    2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                    RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                      This spot stinks (9 and 22) I wanted either Alonso, Harris or Riley with my next pick and all three went right before my turn. So I will add a ton of risk, knowing Tatis will miss the first 20 games and he is recovering from two offseason surgeries. Probably not the smartest move, but hey I want to have some fun with this process.
                      Draft Champions is one format where it is easier to take on the risk of a guy who will miss the first 20 games, because at least your team will be generally healthy enough to easily replace him in April. FWIW I liked the Tatis pick as soon as I saw it. You have to jump a guy like that if you want him.

Comment

I'm taking Anthony Rendon in the 3rd round

Comment

Ive never seen a year where an entire position is basically depleted by the beginning of round 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Ive never seen a year where an entire position is basically depleted by the beginning of round 3.
                            I don't know, some years the catcher position is depleted before the draft starts.

Comment

Sniped twice, first Alcantara and the Arenado.
                              Settling in for the long nap.
                              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X