SeaDogStat Memorial League picks and discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Say you are short on outfielders without saying you are short on outfielders.
    my team has good pitching, both catchers and some infielders.....
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I assumed I was too pitcher heavy and would struggle to fill my hitting lineup...then I looked at the roster grid. I might not be the only one.
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

With 7 solid SP already in the fold and looking at a guy like Montas right there...couldnt resist, even though I probably shouldve gone OF or something. I better win every pitching category lol.

The nice thing about this league is without the "overall" component, you can attack it differently than a regular draft champions league (ie maybe punt something).

Comment

Say you are short on outfielders without saying you are short on outfielders.
          Well, yes. Though the point was that others clearly were as well . I purposefully left OF until the end; I guess others did as well...
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
            Well, yes. Though the point was that others clearly were as well . I purposefully left OF until the end; I guess others did as well...
            OF depth is one of the key takeaways for me from this draft. The bottom of the OF pool is terrible in my opinion.

There are still 3B available that I'd be fine with, but OF, oof.

Comment

sorry about that... I picked super late last night and didn't think it would be back to me too soon.

Also, Taijaun Walker went 1 pick sooner than he should have.
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

OF depth is one of the key takeaways for me from this draft. The bottom of the OF pool is terrible in my opinion.

There are still 3B available that I'd be fine with, but OF, oof.
                Yeah, it is something I'm not used to, since in previous years it has generally not been an issue. Shows what going into a draft with no preparation will do to you! ...
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                  Yeah, it is something I'm not used to, since in previous years it has generally not been an issue. Shows what going into a draft with no preparation will do to you! ...

The question is...Are you prepared to make your pick?
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    So far, Lord Zola has been the quickest on the draw, with an average pick time of 8 minutes 15 seconds, just edging out Standish at 8:21.
                    If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                      I think I've been fairly quick in general. I did let one go to timeout last weekend - Saturday and Sunday mornings are not my best...

Comment

• Sorry - that pick was delayed because I was off writing code. Turns out using average time to pick can be a bit misleading, because of the foibles of how it's counted. Especially the overnight pause and when there are picks during it. But there are also little blips whenever changes are made, and some pick times end up really long, or negative (see Max Muncy and prior and next picks, for instance). Using a median is much more robust to that kind of thing (I'd be ecstatic if I never in my life again saw an average, except when it's expressing a ratio - as a statistical measure; it's too apt to be flawed). It doesn't change the order of who is fastest or slowest by much (full disclosure, I'm one of the slower ones, but you all knew that already!), but it does change the "typical" draft time quite a bit. Oh well, it's not a huge deal to me, but piqued my intellectual interest so I went off and did it...

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                          Sorry - that pick was delayed because I was off writing code. Turns out using average time to pick can be a bit misleading, because of the foibles of how it's counted. Especially the overnight pause and when there are picks during it. But there are also little blips whenever changes are made, and some pick times end up really long, or negative (see Max Muncy and prior and next picks, for instance). Using a median is much more robust to that kind of thing (I'd be ecstatic if I never in my life again saw an average, except when it's expressing a ratio - as a statistical measure; it's too apt to be flawed). It doesn't change the order of who is fastest or slowest by much (full disclosure, I'm one of the slower ones, but you all knew that already!), but it does change the "typical" draft time quite a bit. Oh well, it's not a huge deal to me, but piqued my intellectual interest so I went off and did it...
                          It was a request by some NFBC d-bags, hoping it would guilt slower drafters into picking up the pace. The NFBC accomodated by adding it, but made it hard to find and as showm, used a simple means of calculating.
                          Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                            I think I've been fairly quick in general. I did let one go to timeout last weekend - Saturday and Sunday mornings are not my best...
                            Oh I know, just bustin balls a bit. I only posted because you'd just posted and you were up. :P BTW I almost took Waino right before you but went with Puck and Straw was going to be mine on that turnaround so you're still at it!
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I was on auto-pick all weekend as I feel like hammer shit. It was just picking whenever I was up, right? Not delaying?
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Two hours between autopicks, I mean picks.
                                Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Working...
                                X