• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynasty trade

No salary 12 team H2H dynasty league
    Arozarena for Luis Castillo
    Arozarena and Eury Perez for Corbin Carroll
    Who ya got?

Both are fairly fair, but while I do believe Carroll is legit, I could not bring myself to trade a proven guy like Arozarena and arguably the top pitching prospect (in the conversation), for a prospect, even if he does happen to be arguably the best prospect in the game.

I'd probably take the Arozarena side of the 1 for 1 too, but it is close, and if the team that has Randy needs pitching, I could see it. I like Castillo on an improving Seattle team, and while I think some are more down on Randy than makes sense to me, he isn't top tier in anything and I do wonder how the rule changes will affect the value of SBs and who will be most and least affected by the changes. Given how often he ran last year, even with the changes, I would not count on any more SBs than last year, and with the more SBs overall, that probably means Randy's value goes down a tick, even if he repeats his 2022 line.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      Both are fairly fair, but while I do believe Carroll is legit, I could not bring myself to trade a proven guy like Arozarena and arguably the top pitching prospect (in the conversation), for a prospect, even if he does happen to be arguably the best prospect in the game. I'd probably take the Arozarena side of the 1 for 1 too, but it is close, and if the team that has Randy needs pitching, I could see it. I like Castillo on an improving Seattle team, and while I think some are more down on Randy than makes sense to me, he isn't top tier in anything and I do wonder how the rule changes will affect the value of SBs and who will be most and least affected by the changes. Given how often he ran last year, even with the changes, I would not count on any more SBs than last year, and with the more SBs overall, that probably means Randy's value goes down a tick, even if he repeats his 2022 line.
      Appreciate the response. I have Castillo and Carroll and those 2 deals were offered to me and I agreed to answer the trades tonight. Thanks

Comment

Agree that the Castillo deal comes down to hitting vs pitching needs.

As for the other deal I'm taking Carroll. He's set to contribute this year and shapes up as a fantasy god for a long time. TINSTAPP and all that for Eury.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
          Agree that the Castillo deal comes down to hitting vs pitching needs. As for the other deal I'm taking Carroll. He's set to contribute this year and shapes up as a fantasy god for a long time. TINSTAPP and all that for Eury.
          Thanks Harmon...I'm solid in hitting and pitching so it just comes down to the better dynasty asset for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Both are fairly fair, but while I do believe Carroll is legit, I could not bring myself to trade a proven guy like Arozarena and arguably the top pitching prospect (in the conversation), for a prospect, even if he does happen to be arguably the best prospect in the game.

I'd probably take the Arozarena side of the 1 for 1 too, but it is close, and if the team that has Randy needs pitching, I could see it. I like Castillo on an improving Seattle team, and while I think some are more down on Randy than makes sense to me, he isn't top tier in anything and I do wonder how the rule changes will affect the value of SBs and who will be most and least affected by the changes. Given how often he ran last year, even with the changes, I would not count on any more SBs than last year, and with the more SBs overall, that probably means Randy's value goes down a tick, even if he repeats his 2022 line.
            I agree with this.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Curious about what you ended up doing fuhrdog

Comment

I went with the Arozarena/Perez for Carroll. Not thrilled with it. My 2 extra outfielders are Bellinger and Kirilloff and I plan on dumping them on our first FAAB period. We have 5 minor league slots and I had one open so it didn't cost me a roster spot

Comment

Working...
                X