2K23: Jon Berti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K23: Jon Berti

What to make of the guy who probably won folks a lot of money last year, likely being plucked off the waiver wire and leading MLB in steals. According to FanGraphs, he doesn't even have a full-time job this season.

Originally posted by revo View Post
    What to make of the guy who probably won folks a lot of money last year, likely being plucked off the waiver wire and leading MLB in steals. According to FanGraphs, he doesn't even have a full-time job this season.
    He can play 2B (47 gms), 3B (37 gms), SS (10 gms), and OF (19 gms) capably, and with a weak MIA lineup, he should be able to match last season's career high 404 PA or exceed it.

I like the plate skills, league average 22% K rate and above average 10.4% BB rate. High BB rate helps in OBP format, and not completely devoid of power with a 5.9% barrel rate.

The lack of HR/R/RBI hurts his profile, but should provide a decent BA or OBP with a ton of SB. Great in deeper formats, which rosters usually have 3-4 black holes to start the year. Great as a bench bat to fill in for nagging injuries, given the 2B/3B/OF eligibility to start the year. Could be converted into a decent prospect if a contender is desperate for SB (as I was in dynasty last year, and traded Ricky Tiedemann for him).
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
      He can play 2B (47 gms), 3B (37 gms), SS (10 gms), and OF (19 gms) capably, and with a weak MIA lineup, he should be able to match last season's career high 404 PA or exceed it. I like the plate skills, league average 22% K rate and above average 10.4% BB rate. High BB rate helps in OBP format, and not completely devoid of power with a 5.9% barrel rate. The lack of HR/R/RBI hurts his profile, but should provide a decent BA or OBP with a ton of SB. Great in deeper formats, which rosters usually have 3-4 black holes to start the year. Great as a bench bat to fill in for nagging injuries, given the 2B/3B/OF eligibility to start the year. Could be converted into a decent prospect if a contender is desperate for SB (as I was in dynasty last year, and traded Ricky Tiedemann for him).

And you won the title, yes you did.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Does the trade of Miguel Rojas open up full-time ABs for Berti? Kim Ng said it's possible Jazz Chisholm moves to SS, leaving Berti as a starting 2B possibility.

Comment

Does the trade of Miguel Rojas open up full-time ABs for Berti? Kim Ng said it's possible Jazz Chisholm moves to SS, leaving Berti as a starting 2B possibility.
          Jean Segura will be a regular at either 2B or SS.
          Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

I highly doubt Berti has an increased role. As it stands right now, Marlins are saying they want Jazz at second, Wendle at short and Segura at third, which makes little to no sense to me, but all the Marlins beat guys are saying it's true. Wendle can play third, Segura is a plus defender at second and Jazz was a solid SS in the minors. In any case, berti is a swiss army fill in all over the field as usual, but I wouldnt depend on him starting on OD.

Comment

Sorry, I forgot Segura is slated for third. That said, as of yesterday, Chisholm's position is still unclear. But I agree, Berti is likely more of a utility guy, whose playing time will depend on the health of his teammates.
              Follow me on Twitter @ToddZola

Comment

Working...
              X